• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hawkeyes!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
While I absolutely agree that the Hummer two-anchor world seems to attract more than our share of dorks ("Hogwarts"? (facepalm) for fuck's sake...wish I could say I don't believe it). But I don't think I agree that there's more assholes-per-capita in our community than the others. The RAG instructor pool probably gave you a skewed demographic. Just my $0.02.

From my experience, not even a-holes but just plain tools. Reason could be was I was a part of that world for 2.5 years. Some guys were great but as whole, it was just bad.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
"Hogwarts"

You know it's bad when a world of warcraft insider term would be an improvement :yuck_125:

At first I thought "hogwarts" was some sort of reference to that John Travolta movie (where they rode Harleys, and what not). But harry potter? Yeah.... I'll keep my scarf, thank you very much

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

NERDS!!!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
See those guys up there on the bow sun bathing in teeny weeny speedos???
That's my best E-2C Crew.

web_080507-N-2858S-063.jpg

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just FYI, E-2 drivers can become CAG's as well. My last CAG was Capt Klunder, E-2 pilot and overall, a good man. Though I did get to see him pissed where he actually raised his voice...a rare moment as far as I was concerned. He was Skipper of VAW-116 prior to that.

I know I'm a little late on this one, but Captain Klunder is now Commandant of Midshipmen at the Naval Academy. He is highly repsected and liked among the Brigade. When it's time to get to business, I think no one wants to disappoint him because we don't want to let him down.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I know I'm a little late on this one, but Captain Klunder is now Commandant of Midshipmen at the Naval Academy. He is highly repsected and liked among the Brigade. When it's time to get to business, I think no one wants to disappoint him because we don't want to let him down.

That's great to hear. When I left, the Academy was lacking in the senior leadership department.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

Well they certainly got a top notch officer and aviator in my experience.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was wondering what the "typical" E-2C cruise is like for a JO pilot. What do the missions consist of for the pilots? How many hours can you expect to log in a month (beaucoup, or too many pilots to fly type stuff)? Is LSO an option, if so can you fully qualify, go on to CAG Paddles etc.? Is it fun to fly, or is it more like "I swear, if I have to fly in one more circle I'm going to shoot myself in the face"? Hard to trap, fun to trap? Is instructing at a Jet VT a viable option, or will you hear "I wouldn't hold my breath"? Really any insight would be nice, I haven't found too many Hawkeye drivers to pick their brains and get a good feel for the single anchor side of the community. Thanks.

Just watch this for most of your answers:

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And now for the "Below Decks" perspective of an E-2 deployment: