• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hardest Post

maxhwohl

Was wondering what the hardest posts are for NFO (if there are any)? Also what are the worst places to get stationed?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
isolation and weather. I’m also more into city living and I’m from the east coast.
Makes sense. It’s beautiful up here, but I’m still not used to the weather, even after having been here for 6 years over the course of my career. I’m also from the East coast, and not having four real seasons is a downer.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I always thought NOB sucked when I was in the Navy. But you haven't LIVED until being stationed at an Army post (Hunter in Savannah doesn't count). If you haven't been to Ft. Hood, especially North Ft. Hood, or spent a year at Buehring in Kuwait, you are really missing out. There are many options to choose from if you are Army, all setting you up to one-up any Navy or Air Force member for suckiest post.

P3 F0

None
I loved my time up at Brunswick (lived in Portland, which is the only way to do it), and loved Whidbey. Solved the isolation issue of Whidbey by doing my second-to-last tour up in Everett (lived in Edmonds, which allowed us to enjoy the Seattle area). I'd second the misery of Chambers. I was at Little Creek and we did not like that entire area.

If I could have gotten to Coronado, I would have loved that. Every time I've done a TAD in the area, or vacationed there, I've loved it.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I loved my time up at Brunswick (lived in Portland, which is the only way to do it), and loved Whidbey. Solved the isolation issue of Whidbey by doing my second-to-last tour up in Everett (lived in Edmonds, which allowed us to enjoy the Seattle area). I'd second the misery of Chambers. I was at Little Creek and we did not like that entire area.

If I could have gotten to Coronado, I would have loved that. Every time I've done a TAD in the area, or vacationed there, I've loved it.

As a FRS IP we did a training det up to NAS Brunswick right before it closed up, and it was a pretty cool area to visit. For a helo dude, we were able to rage around the wilds of the state unencumbered. We were also able to transport a lot of live lobster back to home base relatively cheaply.

Also, Portland was a good liberty spot ?