• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hardest Post

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
No, but that partially buried bottle of O’Doul’s “beer” in the immediate fore ground was probably tossed out full.
It's a chem-bio IED. If you're gullible enough to walk over and check it out, the smell will overcome you and render you completely ineffective... that's a mission kill.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Are those white and brown lumps in the foreground bags of garbage or are they anthropomorphic Disney animals that talk about mundane things like life in the desert while making it sound humorous and fun? Please say the latter, please say the latter...
It depends on what stage of the deployment you are on. Maybe, just maybe, they will all gather together to form a giant bird and loft you out of that place. LOL Just remember to adjust back to normal before you come back to civilization.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
It's a chem-bio IED. If you're gullible enough to walk over and check it out, the smell will overcome you and render you completely ineffective... that's a mission kill.
As a typical military guy, I'm not a public toilet shy kind of person, but I have gone hours in gastric distress to avoid going into the portable shitters at Buehring. Heck, I didn't want to go in them just to piss, much less sit down. I'm not a chemistry expert, but there is something seriously powerful that goes on in a portable toilet when the real temperature, not 'feels like' temperature goes over 120 degrees for weeks at a time. It's something the department of energy needs to investigate. More important than Why Chimpanzees Throw Their Feces.

Pags

N/A
pilot
As a typical military guy, I'm not a public toilet shy kind of person, but I have gone hours in gastric distress to avoid going into the portable shitters at Buehring. Heck, I didn't want to go in them just to piss, much less sit down. I'm not a chemistry expert, but there is something seriously powerful that goes on in a portable toilet when the real temperature, not 'feels like' temperature goes over 120 degrees for weeks at a time. It's something the department of energy needs to investigate. More important than Why Chimpanzees Throw Their Feces.
Plus the very real risk of being on the receiving end of the eternal struggle of rotor wash vs porta-shitter.

Jim123

pilot
I had a next door neighbor whose dog would poop in my front yard. I mean he'd put down big steamers. They'd open the door to let the guy out and just let him free range poop.

As I was walking from my car to my front door one day, he barked at me from my own yard as they looked on from the porch, as if my yard was his yard. I yelled back and knife-handed the pooch, doing my best alpha, and he jumped back, kinda surprised. I turned my knife hand and yelling at the neighbors and suggested that they be more responsible dog owners (they mumbled something back).

A couple days later there was a big steamer in my front yard yet again. This time I grabbed my little hobby shovel and scooped up the pile, as usual, but instead of disposing it in the drainage pond across the street I flung it onto the neighbors' front walk and porch. I tell you what, people who say flying low levels is the most fun you can have with your pants on, those people have never felt the pure joy of flinging poop.

Epilog: That was the end of the dog problem.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I had a next door neighbor whose dog would poop in my front yard. I mean he'd put down big steamers. They'd open the door to let the guy out and just let him free range poop.

As I was walking from my car to my front door one day, he barked at me from my own yard as they looked on from the porch, as if my yard was his yard. I yelled back and knife-handed the pooch, doing my best alpha, and he jumped back, kinda surprised. I turned my knife hand and yelling at the neighbors and suggested that they be more responsible dog owners (they mumbled something back).

A couple days later there was a big steamer in my front yard yet again. This time I grabbed my little hobby shovel and scooped up the pile, as usual, but instead of disposing it in the drainage pond across the street I flung it onto the neighbors' front walk and porch. I tell you what, people who say flying low levels is the most fun you can have with your pants on, those people have never felt the pure joy of flinging poop.

Epilog: That was the end of the dog problem.
I thought this was going to end with the neighbors finding you in the front yard "reading the morning paper."

Jim123

pilot
I thought this was going to end with the neighbors finding you in the front yard "reading the morning paper."
Well, I was still on active duty at the time and that played into my time critical risk assessment as I was mentally clicking through slides at my COA selection brief.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of gastric distress... Last summer, I found myself 1.5 miles into this hike toward Wild Horse lake in SE Oregon, when an unavoidable sense of biological imperative imposed itself upon me. I maintained my composure until I reached the lake's edge, assessing that no other humans were within sight or hearing, I discharged my bowels with great vigor upon the native flora, ultimately renewing myself in the lake's cleansing waters. :)

View attachment _MG_4198-HDR-Pano-Edit-2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of gastric distress... Last summer, I found myself 1.5 miles into this hike toward Wild Horse lake in SE Oregon, when an unavoidable sense of biological imperative imposed itself upon me. I maintained my composure until I reached the lake's edge, assessing that no other humans were within sight or hearing, I discharged my bowels with great vigor upon the native flora, ultimately renewing myself in the lake's cleansing waters. :)View attachment 30721
When I hit the link to see the image I braced myself to see Brett’s typical artiness but featuring a wilderness steamer. Thank goodness it is just a typical @Brett327 beauty shot! All kidding aside, nice image.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I hit the link to see the image I braced myself to see Brett’s typical artiness but featuring a wilderness steamer. Thank goodness it is just a typical @Brett327 beauty shot! All kidding aside, nice image.
For some reason, I can't get the image to display inline. I promise, it's not a trick. :)

taxi1

pilot
After passing a “no services for 71 miles” sign in Wyoming I drove for probably 50, and noted a ballistic missile site a few hundred yards off the highway, near the border with Nebraska. Absolutely zilch nearby otherwise. Saw quite a few, in fact.

That’d be a lonely duty station.