• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hands Free Refueling

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
The Prowler had to go looking for them without radar, NVG's or any radar control. With quickly dwindling fuel they could either get gas or punch out, and the tanker guys wouldn't turn a light on for them?

Ok, fuel critical/emergency off track is a different situation. I had the image of you guys coming to the basket in a track/anchor, normal A/R kind of thing and the pilot wanting lights on because he was weak. Don't you guys have NVGs?

Maybe if they had a Nav instead of two stick monkeys they would have been in the right place at the right time.......;)

And maybe if you had a NAV you could follow our A/A Tacan :icon_tong. Actually we've got three navs--They do their job and color the rest of the time. Although they talk to the GPS pretty frequently. Probably off track from Red Crown/Bossman vectors. Varsity or JV? (10 or 135)

Xtndr50boom

What Flash said. Don't get all bent out of shape just because you guys didn't get the memo. It's called "government time."

Brett

I'm not, I've actually gotten 5 or 6 copies of the memo

bill-lumberg.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, fuel critical/emergency off track is a different situation. I had the image of you guys coming to the basket in a track/anchor, normal A/R kind of thing and the pilot wanting lights on because he was weak. Don't you guys have NVGs?

And maybe if you had a NAV you could follow our A/A Tacan :icon_tong. Actually we've got three navs--They do their job and color the rest of the time. Although they talk to the GPS pretty frequently. Probably off track from Red Crown/Bossman vectors. Varsity or JV? (10 or 135)

Yeah, the Prowler was looking for the guys who were quite a few miles away (20-30nm if I remember correctly), they weren't 1000 yds in trail....;) ...and we did not have NVG's back then, night AAR is actually a very big part of the reason we got them.

A/A Tacan, the only good thing it was ever good for us was range, no bearing that I know of. And as for your Nav's, crap in-crap out like the rest of your gear. And they can't get you coffee like the real version, that's your job now.....:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not, I've actually gotten 5 or 6 copies of the memo

bill-lumberg.jpg

From your previous posts it sounds like you have, now if you can get those memos to the rest of your AF brethern that would be really good for the rest of us......;)

Xtndr50boom

And as for your Nav's, crap in-crap out like the rest of your gear. And they can't get you coffee like the real version, that's your job now.....:D

Bah, that's why you don't jack the things up during alignment, they'll soldier on fine if you occasionally smack the CO with a stick. BAD!

Grabbing coffee? Umm, no. I grab the hot towels. The pilots know not to have me get their coffee--Lest they want some other "ingredients" added to it :eek:

Xtndr50boom

From your previous posts it sounds like you have, now if you can get those memos to the rest of your AF brethern that would be really good for the rest of us......;)

I'll be sure to send it to everybody's "inbox" in the morning....:D

12-27-05.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ USAF with a sense of humor ??? What is this world coming to, anyway ??? :)

He must be a draftee ....