• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hacker says, "Sit down, ASSHOLE!" Welcome aboard to another U-2 driver!

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
I have a couple kiddos that live with their mother in McAllen. So, the chance to live 2 1/2 hours away was really the deal-maker for me. Plus, the T-45 mission just looks like a hoot. It's seems like an Air Force T-38 program with a little IFF and boat work rolled into it. I'm stoked. Lastly, it was a running joke that I was permenantly stationed in the desert and just TDY occasionally to Beale (kind of like Huggy in takes a TDY to Beale once in a while to spice up his life on the road in a T-38.) So, the chance to get into a non-deployable squadron was the icing on the cake.

...........and, I brace as I wait for F15E to lead the "SIT DOWN, ASSHOLE" :)

Just out of curiosity, sir, any idea when youre scheduled to make it to Kingsville?

HornyU2

pilot
None
Just out of curiosity, sir, any idea when youre scheduled to make it to Kingsville?

I'm hoping to start my Inst Upgrade in June - but, to say that this Interservice Transfer process has provided un-forseen obstacles would be an understatement. Anyway, June training is the target - Unless Frumby says otherwise.

Are you a stud there now? You'll probably be seeing TX in the rearview mirror when I finish the IUT.

Cheers

HornyU2

pilot
None
Horny, you underestimate the time required to escape the gravitational pull of Kingsville.

Like that of the Sun eh? I have been told that the Navy has a little different outlook on Syllabus timelines. I'm assuming that goes for IP training as well?

HornyU2

pilot
None
Possibly. You going ADSW for the IUT?

I believe that was the plan at one time - not sure of the details now. This transfer got delayed beyond all anticipation. If given the opportunity for input - I will definitely ask to go on orders for as long as possible. Don't think Delta will miss me for a while ;)

You sound as if you have some experience in the "delay" department down there.

MasterBates

You sound as if you have some experience in the "delay" department down there.

Yes I do. To see how much free time I had, go look on the O-Club patio.

I blame NOMI for most of it though. Although, I finished at the same time as 2 guys who started with me and never went med down.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Yes I do. To see how much free time I had, go look on the O-Club patio.

I blame NOMI for most of it though. Although, I finished at the same time as 2 guys who started with me and never went med down.

Well, Huggy is a good bro, good enough to tell me to just read this site for a few months before opening my mouth. Something about him taking a few painful face-shots after his initial posts :) So, I must say that I am familiar, at least from what has been on AW, with your work at the K-Ville O-club ............. very nice. Looks they have a great bar act down there - probably not much else to do huh? Kind of reminds me of another place in TX - rhymes with Hell-Rio.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
I'm hoping to start my Inst Upgrade in June - but, to say that this Interservice Transfer process has provided un-forseen obstacles would be an understatement. Anyway, June training is the target - Unless Frumby says otherwise.

Are you a stud there now? You'll probably be seeing TX in the rearview mirror when I finish the IUT.

Cheers
Yup, Im a VT-21 stud, so well probably never fly together. Welcome to the Navy! (in May anyways)

-NB

HornyU2

pilot
None
HornyU2 + HuggyU2 = an itch in the old pressure suit:D Welcome to AW!

Well, Huggy's pressure suit is certainly old :eek: Or, I guess I should say "experienced." That things probably got more time at two feet above the runway than I've got total. Thanks for the welcome.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Hacker15E,

Sweet thread - good to be welcomed properly. So much for sneakin in low-key under the cover of some idiot's buffoonery.

Delta sends me to London every so often (actually more and more often as the flying slows and my in base seniority erodes.) We stay right down near Hyde park - you head south to the big city often? The Euro seems to be getting a little more friendly to the dollar, at least since last summer anyway.

I spent some great times with the deuce out of RAF Fairford. A little pub called the Bull and then we'd head to Swindon for Big City fun.

Again - nice thread. Cheers

Horny

Clux4

Banned
HornyU2:
Will you be qualified to fly a fleet aircraft or are you restricted to training aircraft's? Any chances of you flying Hornets in the Reserves?

HornyU2

pilot
None
HornyU2:
Will you be qualified to fly a fleet aircraft or are you restricted to training aircraft's? Any chances of you flying Hornets in the Reserves?

I'm gonna be "coffee-boy" at VT-22 for quite a while while I learn to speak Navy-ese and not bring my gear up in the pattern. Although I'd be honored to fly a Hornet, the Navy hired me for my experience teaching guys/gals how to fly jets and I was excited to be able to do that in South TX. It was a great fit (that's what she said.) So, to answer your question, you should be able to find me in a jet painted white for quite a few years.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm gonna be "coffee-boy" at VT-22 for quite a while while I learn to speak Navy-ese and not bring my gear up in the pattern.

It's nice. Makes the landing checks go real smooth like.

Gear...three down and locked...just like the last 17 passes, sir!