• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hacker says, "Sit down, ASSHOLE!" Welcome aboard to another U-2 driver!

joeyjoejoe

I know what started all this. I started asking for detailed answers about specific military equipment and how it works, which raised red flags. They looked at my bio to wonder who is this guy and why does he care how to start the ignition on a fighter jet, and then they see a bunch of bogus info and it starts to look suspicious. Afterall the 9/11 hijackers took like 8 weeks of private pilot lessons in a cessna, a few hours of simulation in a boeing and read the pilots handbook and they were able to control a 747 jet.

Usually I'm better than that, I know not to ask questions like "how high can an f-22 REALLY fly, how far does the radar in an AWAX go, what kind of fuel does a cruise missile use" etc etc. The nagging question of how fighter jets start up was one I was never able to find online and the only missing piece of information when I fantasize about climbing into the seat of one. It slipped my mind that it might be considered a security risk to actually know step by step how one is started.

Anyway, I dont think I've given off any kind of attitude to anyone and you dont know what my discussions with the mods have been. I still stand by my stance that despite nittany said regarding officers on this site and reporting accurate information, all of that falls on the responder, not the me. But when it comes to protecting my identity, I dont want to talk in a manner that is recognizable to colleagues who may have issues with my love of fighter jets, think I'm a war monger, and resent me at the office for example. Or maybe one day I'm running for president on a peacenik platform and declare the military is evil, and then someone somehow links my post here to what I'm saying on stage. It's amazing how people have managed to trace back anonymous messages to their sources based purely upon sentence structure and other unwitting details like derivatives of the name I chose, etc etc. For all I know my recruiter visits this page and knows "hey, I know that guy, he was in there 2 months ago! Now he's asking about the navy?" It has nothing to do with my fear of looking like an asshole, as it has to do with someone judging me because of my associations.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
*sigh* And with that, Joey goes full retard.

Kids today, with their rock-and-roll and hula-hoops. Can't tell 'em a goddamned thing.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
I think I'm acutally dumber for having read his posts, it really surprises me the wealth of knowledge that some are willing to piss away because they got their feelings hurt.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Typical entitlement generation victim mentality.:sleep_125

In spades...what he can't see from Mod perspective (aside from what has already been said) is we go by Viral Rule of 10. In other words, when a new poster shows up and asks a barrage of questions without establishing who they are, do we want 10 more "Monkey see, Monkey see" copycats?

In this case, no! AW is not Naval Aviation Answer.com. It exists to mentor and motivate those who want to follow in footsteps of those who have earned their wings of gold. Asking about ECS and start procedures as an introduction is not the same as asking about USMC vs USN flight school options or the ASTB. If we don't check this behavior, we are indirectly endorsing it.

And what he fails to mention is JJJ was traced to another site saying:

Knowing nothing about the CAP I have been trying to find out exactly what joining CAP as a pilot could mean for me? I have no interest in joining the military, and my only desire is to fly. Does the CAP pay me to fly? Do I simply volunteer my time and fly CAP aircraft for free? Or do I pay to fly for CAP myself and enjoy donating my flight time to a worthwhile cause rather than joy riding around my hometown?

Additionally, 2 of his 3 given ages put him outside opportunity window to fly for USN or USMC so he was asked by several Mods to clarify this info, but elected to cop an attitude and take his stance to the open forum vice keeping it private so my answer (above) is here.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Keep up the good work Triple-J.

stupidity-stupidity-demotivational-poster-1226826996.jpg

HornyU2

pilot
None
So, I'm not sure what the AW forum equivalent to showing up at the squadron bar with a bottle of whiskey is, but I figured triple Joe set me up pretty well for a first post...................... pretty easy to look good after that act.

I'm not quite a Navy driver yet, but scheduled to swear in at the end of May culminating an inter-service transfer for a SELRES job in South TX. If the good-shits on this forum are any indication of the squadron I'm headed to - I'll be thrilled.

I guess this is the part that normally goes:
"So tell us about yourself"
Well, I graduated from....
"SIT THE FUCK DOWN"

I'm sitting. Happy to be here.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah.. Another -2 guy here.

I thought Huggy was always getting them to go his way!?! He's got everything from Harrier to Tomcat pilots in his "collection".

@New Guy, "Welcome Aboard". Some guys (and gals like DSL and others), seem to get it and settle right in. Some feel entitled enough to make their own rules like J3.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Well, I guess Huggy finally collected enough of them that they sent one the other direction. One of our greats, a Marine Hornet/U-2 bubba goes by Ghandi, went to weapons school with the old Reserve CC in Kingsville and was kind enough to say some good things (ahem..lies) about me. Next thing I know I'm headed back to South TX.

I've been telling Huggy for years that he is the Kevin Bacon of aviation. But, instead of 7 degrees of seperation, it's more like 2. He's everywhere. Gotta love that guy - a true lover of aviation. And, a damn good stick from my many observations. He's already donated one hip to 3,000+ hours in a T-38 - literally.

Sorry for drifting the thread off topic.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
any topic is better than triple J's idiocy. between edgar allen poe's thread and triple J, I've mostly been shaking my head and waiting for the train wreck to happen.

enjoy south texas, but what caused you to switch over from AF to the Navy (not that there's anything wrong with playing it straight after so many years astray)? I know AF reserve guys instruct in the 38 and 6 at UPT bases, what made you cross over?

HornyU2

pilot
None
I have a couple kiddos that live with their mother in McAllen. So, the chance to live 2 1/2 hours away was really the deal-maker for me. Plus, the T-45 mission just looks like a hoot. It's seems like an Air Force T-38 program with a little IFF and boat work rolled into it. I'm stoked. Lastly, it was a running joke that I was permenantly stationed in the desert and just TDY occasionally to Beale (kind of like Huggy in takes a TDY to Beale once in a while to spice up his life on the road in a T-38.) So, the chance to get into a non-deployable squadron was the icing on the cake.

...........and, I brace as I wait for F15E to lead the "SIT DOWN, ASSHOLE" :)