• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hacker says, "Sit down, ASSHOLE!" Welcome aboard to another U-2 driver!

HornyU2

pilot
None
It's nice. Makes the landing checks go real smooth like.

Gear...three down and locked...just like the last 17 passes, sir!

But, also eliminates the endless entertainment of student gear buffoonery. One of my all-time favorites from a T-37 stud while I was sitting in the tower at Laughlin:

STUD (to RSU Tower) "I've got the power at mil and can barely hold 200 knots"

RSU: "Check your gear"

STUD: "Nevermind - I'm good"

RSU: "Why don't make this next one a full-stop"

STUD: "Yes sir"

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Hacker15E,

Sweet thread - good to be welcomed properly. So much for sneakin in low-key under the cover of some idiot's buffoonery.

Here's to brother Horny, brother Horny, brother Horny.....

Damn, they re-titled the thread as if I were some kind of douche for noting one of the methods of recognizing someone new.

Hell, everyone short of the Squadron Commander gets the "stand up and tell us about yourself" treatment.

HornyU2

pilot
None

Damn, they re-titled the thread as if I were some kind of douche for noting one of the methods of recognizing someone new.

Hell, everyone short of the Squadron Commander gets the "stand up and tell us about yourself" treatment.

I took it as a proper welcome and, it was much appreciated.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
But, also eliminates the endless entertainment of student gear buffoonery. One of my all-time favorites from a T-37 stud while I was sitting in the tower at Laughlin:

STUD (to RSU Tower) "I've got the power at mil and can barely hold 200 knots"

RSU: "Check your gear"

STUD: "Nevermind - I'm good"

RSU: "Why don't make this next one a full-stop"

STUD: "Yes sir"

There was a similar incident at Vance, except it was a T-6 stud in the class ahead of mine and he couldn't figure out why it was taking way more than 50% to hold 200 in the pattern. Gear and Flaps down, btw...

Wanna unsat your solo? there's a quick way to do it.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
There was a similar incident at Vance, except it was a T-6 stud in the class ahead of mine and he couldn't figure out why it was taking way more than 50% to hold 200 in the pattern. Gear and Flaps down, btw...

Wanna unsat your solo? there's a quick way to do it.

That guy was in my class.

Hey, I managed to roll flaps down at 9000 ft/200 kias on the climbout from OKC (Blue brains/glove malfunction)...levelled off at 13000, couldn't figure out why I couldn't get back above 180 kias...on my Instrument Phase 2-check...The instructor never even noticed until he heard a resounding "FUCK!" from the back...20 minute re-fly the next day to clean up the hook.

I sure don't miss Vance...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm gonna be "coffee-boy" at VT-22 for quite a while while I learn to speak Navy-ese and not bring my gear up in the pattern. Although I'd be honored to fly a Hornet, the Navy hired me for my experience teaching guys/gals how to fly jets and I was excited to be able to do that in South TX. It was a great fit (that's what she said.) So, to answer your question, you should be able to find me in a jet painted white for quite a few years.

Looks like I'll be seeing you down there about August timeframe myself :watching3

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I know what started all this.... Afterall the 9/11 hijackers took like 8 weeks of private pilot lessons...and they were able to control a 747 jet. ...
Really ... the 9/11 ragheads "controlled" a 747 ???

Which one of the 9/11 'jacks was that, idiot???

HornyU2

pilot
None
Looks like I'll be seeing you down there about August timeframe myself :watching3

Squeeze,

You headed there as a reservist or AD? I assume you are planning to live in Corpus as well? I can't do the K-ville thing. Going from Northern California to K-ville is like those dudes up in Alaska who cut holes through the ice and jump in the water. The shock would probably kill me.

MasterBates

Brace yourself for the Chapman Ranch 500.. It sucks and is mind numbing. Corpus ain't that great either. I'd live cheap(er) in Krock and haul ass to Austin to chase tail on the weekends you dont go see your kids.

I was given a choice, unlike most students (forced to live in Krock/Bishop/Rivera). I lived in Krock.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Master,

Thanks for the gouge - you are obviously a voice of experience. A 45 minute commute to Beale AFB seems to be the norm, so I guess I just got used to it.

I'm outa country for a few days - enjoyed this thread.

Thanks All

Horny

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Happy to retitle it again if you like. Send me a PM with what you'd like and I'll make it so.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Happy to retitle it again if you like. Send me a PM with what you'd like and I'll make it so.

Nope, press as fragged. So long as Horny knows it was a welcome, then that's all that matters....and f*ck everyone else, heh heh.

HuggyU2

None
I'm late to the fight, but good to see you on AW, Horny:icon_zbee.
Are there any other AW pilots/NFO's here that have done the AF-to-Navy interservice transfer.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I'm late to the fight, but good to see you on AW, Horny:icon_zbee.
Are there any other AW pilots/NFO's here that have done the AF-to-Navy interservice transfer.

I thought that was called a testicle transplant? I keed, I keed.