• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We should start an AW pool on where Gustav is gonna hit.

My spidey-sense is it's gonna hit Nawlins, but "only" as a strong Cat 1.

That's a thoroughly "but what the fuck do I know?" guesstimate, but I'm basing it on two things:

1. The models have swung west and east but always seem to settle out somewhere around the Ponchatrain.

2. It's statistically unlikely NO would get another hit from another Cat-3+ storm like Katrina. Katrina was a 396-year-storm (i.e., you'd expect a storm like that once in 400 years...no kidding, that's how people who figure these things, figure these things).

That being said, any kind of hurricane hit is going to fuck the Big Easy up pretty good.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
There's a new one in the Atlantic now too...
144212W_sm.gif

phrogpilot73

I'm not afraid of Hanna. I will call it "Tropical Storm Doggie" seeing as how our Dog's name is Hanna, and Doggie isn't very scary a name.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, just out of curiosity - were you a Meterology major? You seem to know more about this crap than most...

Nope, but I do disaster-prep for NASC and I have a house on the water in Florida. So you kinda become a hurricane expert the same way mailmen become experts on dog bites.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I'm not afraid of Hanna. I will call it "Tropical Storm Doggie" seeing as how our Dog's name is Hanna, and Doggie isn't very scary a name.

Or, just call it Hurricane Hanna "Montana" and then you can be happy because it'll sing to you as it smashes your house and makes all your preteen daughters go apeshit for it's autograph.

cisforsmasher

pilot
Or, just call it Hurricane Hanna "Montana" and then you can be happy because it'll sing to you as it smashes your house and makes all your preteen daughters go apeshit for it's autograph.

just preteens? Hell, i will take that to add it to my special "collection" that i have for her. She is the greatest thing ever.

We need her for the next year's harvest... Britney provided well, but Hanna's will be much better.

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1202/1202_camping_photo3.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow...I think it's somehow ironically appropriate that this thread about hurricanes took a sudden, unexpected turn at the last moment..

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I hope this thing gets near Baton Rouge by Saturday. It'd favor my ASU Mountaineers in Death Valley.