• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that the weather-casters have their Bad Weather Frowny Faces limbered up by reporting on FAY, they're ready for the newest Storm of the Century, GUSTAV. :eek:

Seriously, it looks kinda mean. Spun up from a depression to a CAT 1 in 14 hours, which is a record, and seems likely to get bigger once it finishes with Haiti.

The forecast models disagree on where it's going from there, but they all show it becoming a CAT-2 or -3 in the Gulf by the weekend. Right now it's got a fair chance of going anywhere on the Gulf Coast. If you live around there, hope you didn't have any plans for the long weekend.

144112W_sm.gif

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Damnit! Why can't these storms wait until after payday?! Seriously cannot afford to drive to freakin' San Antonio right now (even without factoring in hookers and blow:D)

Maybe it will turn north and drown out the rest of New Orleans and they can stop wasting money rebuilding the neighborhoods that are 10 feet under the water line.

edit: I just saw that the strom track puts it in the gulf on Sunday...party on! ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Maybe this will just make our long weekend longer, and I can surf instead of doing CPTs

DOUBLE WIN!

or it wipes my house out, and with me living on the bottom floor I lose everything which means....new TV!

As a glass half full kinda guy, I'm counting both as a win.

I get so psyched about a storm of the century every other week.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just saw that the strom track puts it in the gulf on Sunday...party on! ;)

That's the NHC model. There's at least one that has GUSTAV drowning Bourbon Street by Sunday night. But yeah, most of the models have it somewhere around the north end of the Yucatan on Sunday.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Ah man, can't I just finish review stage first? I just got back from xc country, but I wouldn't mind doing a hurrevac to LC since I missed the first one.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Does everyone hurrevac to the same place or is it a *submit request where you want to go* type-thing? Forgive my naivity.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
It's the navy DB. We float. no worries.

All of us are sposed to evac to San Antonio. The planes ninja vanish to wherever the hurricane ain't.

I think corpus will be missed and it will hit between new orleans and panama city. That is the last thing pcola needs right now. yea, i would enjoy a few days off if it heads this way but ivan did a lot of damage to pcola and this storm will probably be stronger.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I think corpus will be missed and it will hit between new orleans and panama city. That is the last thing pcola needs right now. yea, i would enjoy a few days off if it heads this way but ivan did a lot of damage to pcola and this storm will probably be stronger.

i don't know, perdido and pcola pretty much took a clean sweep with Ivan, and all that was ever really rebuilt are pretty solid high rise condos. It might weather the storm a little better. The little trailer homes and what not are nothing but concrete foundations right now. The people hwo used to live there never bothered coming back after Ivan.

Too early to tell where this bad boy is going to go, but I am getting the bolt bag set up. Woo. Hurricane Party.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Maybe it will turn north and drown out the rest of New Orleans and they can stop wasting money rebuilding the neighborhoods that are 10 feet under the water line.
So if there were to be a Katrina II......how many of those people do you think would stay and "weather" the storm?........again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So if there were to be a Katrina II......how many of those people do you think would stay and "weather" the storm?........again.

Not so much this time around.

It appears this one is only going to grow over time. Maybe a Cat II or Cat III by the time it hits the US shore.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
damn, I am goin to Jamaica soon, it better not screw up the coast, I will be pissed, and out of some good money.:eek: