• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[Gun] Want to read something scary? UN and China on gun control

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't mean to imply that hunting had anything to do with it, merely to make the point that most Colonial Americans had firearms, and were at least semi-proficient in using them.

Oh I know what you were getting at, no worries. You're right, guns weren't mysterious then. They were a fact of life.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh I know what you were getting at, no worries. You're right, guns weren't mysterious then. They were a fact of life.

As it should be today. No one's making you own one, but as you've mentioned I think the anti-gun nuts have a tendency to rely on Susie Soccer Mom's irrational fears.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Small arms are responsible for over half a million deaths per year, including 300,000 in armed conflict and 200,000 more from homicides and suicides."

"Small arms and light weapons destabilize regions; spark, fuel and prolong conflicts; obstruct relief programmes; undermine peace initiatives; exacerbate human rights abuses; hamper development; and foster a "culture of violence"."

And I suppose the small arms just leap up and do it all themselves?

These thinkers in the government and the UN never actually put any thought into the matter: it's maniacal @ssholes that abuse, obstruct, terrorize, and foster violence. How the hell can anybody have ANY chance whatsoever of being free of people like that if their means to level the playing field in self-defense is taken away? How do you defend your rights and freedoms when you've been stripped of your means of doing so?

Why does ANYBODY (other than someone who wants to abuse and have control of others) think doing away with firearms is a good idea?

Do-gooders never seem to do anybody any good...

(edited to fix typos)
Exactly. If they can't get an AK or handgun, they'll just get the next best thing (RPG, IED, mortars, etc.).

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
The first person who publicly attempts to amend the 2nd Amendment in a political way will most likely be sniped or gunned down somehow. Although that may give that side a little more fuel to their fire, it would at least show that we will not allow them to achieve anything. Without the 2nd Amendment, we would not have had the militias that were able to revolt against the British so long ago. Guns are here to stay.
There's so much wrong with this post. I'm pretty sure that the "revolt against the British" predates the Constitution and the 2nd amendment.

Brett

rare21

pilot
Contributor
When, where and how it all began!

musketfire.jpg

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
the Revolutionary War was from 1763 to 1775.

:weeping_1
christ... what are they teaching kids these days in history?

/history major

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
What about the Glock 18? Full auto. Pump 12 round into someone in about a second.

Good luck defending yourself in court on that one. Full-auto, while legal in most places, isn't looked kindly upon in use as a defensive weapon. It's seen as offensive.

That and good luck finding a Glock 18 you can afford to buy.

Lawman

None
ghost119 said:
What about the Glock 18? Full auto. Pump 12 round into someone in about a second.

The Answer to a question nobody asked. Totally useless weapon outside of Hollywood movies same as the 93R that predates it by a decade. Yeah the Glock company sure puts on a good show of how it can be used for ____, but even the SWAT guys I know laugh when people bring that thing up in conversation. Its nothing more then a "look what we built" thing to get people to pay more attention to the rest of the Glock Line.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
The Answer to a question nobody asked. Totally useless weapon outside of Hollywood movies same as the 93R that predates it by a decade. Yeah the Glock company sure puts on a good show of how it can be used for ____, but even the SWAT guys I know laugh when people bring that thing up in conversation. Its nothing more then a "look what we built" thing to get people to pay more attention to the rest of the Glock Line.

reminds me of the Desert Eagle..you dont need it for what you're doing but it looks nice and is a "movie" gun.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
reminds me of the Desert Eagle..you dont need it for what you're doing but it looks nice and is a "movie" gun.

The most common movie pistol if I remember correctly . . .