• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Cocking In The Movies

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^ Weird. I got in some range time yesterday and when I was sweeping out my bay, I found not 1, not 2, but SIX unfired .50 AE cartridges. I looked next door, and there were two kids with one of those gold Desert Eagles, racking the slide and shooting it one-handed, sideways.

I've never seen anything like it. Usually people who plunk down the coin to buy a gun actually bother to learn how to use it . . .

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never seen anything like it. Usually people who plunk down the coin to buy a gun actually bother to learn how to use it . . .

That doesn't hold true for people who buy DEs. If you're stupid enough to waste the money on a .50AE Desert Eagle (...worse if it's gold/tiger/etc..), then it's not not hard to imagine them being stupid enough to do that.

/when you've shot your 6 rounds you can always throw it at them

Redux

The guy is a genuine warrior if you get past the bullshit.
Rocky NiDan Aikido - Distinguished Pistol USMC

From what I have read he's a first class prick who likes to "beat up" his stunt men. Kinda sounds like a bully type to me, I don't GAF how big and bad one is, there is ALWAYS one bigger and badder, someday he may meet up with him.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
In Superbad, when McLovin asks the cops if he can hold their guns, they remove the mag, but the shot makes a deliberate point of showing Slater remove the chambered round.

Wasn't expecting that from that movie.

Zissou

Banned
Dude, I agree, he is a bag of ass.

I do find humor in the fact he was taken advantage of by other scumbags.

Back on topic:

HEAT had first rate weapon handling and IAD tactics.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fair enough, I guess he's just a wife-beating draft-dodger. ;)
Continuing the time-honored AW's tradition of the threadjack:

I've often wondered: why do so many "tough guys" beat their wives/girlfriends ... ???

Terry Bradshaw, Warren Moon, and of course, O.J. Simpson immediately come to mind ... and there's many others.

FlyinRock

It's not just the movies, it happens in real life all the time. The movies serve as junior thug training sessions, and it is very common to find one live round on the ground at a crime scene where the suspect has racked the slide prior to firing.

What amazes me is that on most movies they have paid someone a pretty good bit of coin to tell them what is correct. They either don't pay attention to the advisor or picked the wrong one.
Cant begin to tell you how many times I have seen that. I knew and had house visits with John Milius (Dirty Harry) and he and his wife are very accomplished shooters with shotgun and pistol. I was an instructor at some of the shooting classes they attended. We discussed the movies and the bullshit and he told me you have to accentuate some things to make them apparent in the movies in order to tittilate the audience or to even get their attention. I am friends with a lot of pros who work the movie/TV scene and they echo the same sentiment. They get tossed to the curb when their observations don't agree with the directors .......
I did a fair amount of flying for different productions and saw at times I had to do some really extreme maneuvers to make them appear to be anything at all on screen. WAAAAY outside what we would normally do in flight operations.
Cheers and Semper Fi
Ol Shy & Basshful

FlyinRock

From what I have read he's a first class prick who likes to "beat up" his stunt men. Kinda sounds like a bully type to me, I don't GAF how big and bad one is, there is ALWAYS one bigger and badder, someday he may meet up with him.

Do you have a source I can refer to? I know more than a few martial arts stuntmen and they said Segal is just doing the Aikido and if you aren't expecting how to fall you can get "beat up".

FlyinRock

Ya, of course. He also happens to be a wife-beater and draft dodger. My personal hero. :sleep_125

As I requested in another post. Can you please refer me to some solid references to back up your statements or contention?
Thanks
Ol Shy & Bashful