• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Cocking In The Movies

Renegade One

None

Reminds me of one of my favorite made for TV movies on HBO..."In Pursuit of Honor". Has a scene where Sgt. Jack Libby (Don Johnson) has to put down about 6 lame cavalry horses. Uses his 1911 to do it, but racks the slide between every shot. Must have been some weak ammo "back in the day".

V/R, Spike

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Haha, funny stuff. There is too much cocking in movies. I don't understand how having a loaded gun pointed at your face isn't scary enough, so that the guy pointing the gun has to "cock it" to show he's "really serious"... whatever.

Even better is when you hear someone cock a DAO pistol, and I'm talking after he's already racked the slide back and chambered the round... hollywood...

B

Blutonski816

my favorite mistake is the idea that removing the magazine, means the weapon is empty. The only movie I saw this rectified in was, get this... a shitty Steven Segal flick where he makes sure to eject the chambered round...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Don't worry, you don't need to precede a Steven Segal flick as shitty, it's already assumed. Great vid though, really funny and sadly true.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Pssh..the first Under Siege was good; Speaking of movies, I'm going to see Batman: The Dark Knight at midnight, anyone else?

UMichfly

pilot
None
my favorite mistake is the idea that removing the magazine, means the weapon is empty. The only movie I saw this rectified in was, get this... a shitty Steven Segal flick where he makes sure to eject the chambered round...

I actually just saw SWAT on TV the other day and they got it right in that movie too. In the end, the dude is fighting someone in the train yard and the guy he's fighting pops the magazine out of his pistol. The guy with the pistol says "there's still one in the chamber"...but then proceeds to do the movie dipshit thing and drop the gun in favor of fighting the guy hand to hand. Just once I want to see someone in a movie use a gun to counter the crazy guy going Jimmy Jujitsu on him.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I love how every time a clueless actor sticks a DAO or DA/SA pistol in someone's face -- it makes a "cocking sound" .... especially cracks me up w/ a GLOCK or something similar .... :)

The only actor that consistently "does it right" is Tom Selleck. But then he uses a 1911/A1 ... :)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I love how every time a clueless actor sticks a DAO or DA/SA pistol in someone's face -- it makes a "cocking sound" .... especially cracks me up w/ a GLOCK or something similar .... :)

The only actor that consistently "does it right" is Tom Selleck. But then he uses a 1911/A1 ... :)

I'm not ashamed to say, I went as Magnum PI for Haloween once..

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
bought my tickets a month ago

I got my ticket about 2 weeks ago....After I finish lunch I'm going to hit up a few local thrift stores for a vintage Batman t-shirt before tonight..I should have planned ahead, I probably could have found a good one on the internet. I don't want one of the new tshirts.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

This is EXACTLY the point I was making. Stupid TV gunslingers... :)