• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] 357 or 45?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
I wasnt refering as to the actual energy delivered by the recoil. And yeah, due to the recoil obsorbance of a rifle the semi feels less then a bolt, but either weapon delivers all its inertia along the same line. Where as a pistol has all its weight and recoil energy above the point of stability (the hand). Ive felt Autos have just always felt more muzzle rise then a revolver. The one exception is my P7, but that has a gas recoil reduction tube under the barrel (crazy German engineers).

Well that has more to do with grip design. The revolver grip is really meant to rotate if you look at it. What really gets cooky is when you notice different types of recoil, like snap, shove, push, TWIST (Why do Berettas seem to twist, it's so odd).

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
Well that has more to do with grip design. The revolver grip is really meant to rotate if you look at it. What really gets cooky is when you notice different types of recoil, like snap, shove, push, TWIST (Why do Berettas seem to twist, it's so odd).

Yeah, my USP seem to go up and to the right. No matter which hand I hold it in, thats the way is wants to move.

My S&W 19 pushes back and down. Its also one of the few guns I've fired where the recoil and rise feel like two seperate movements.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Fly Navy said:
TWIST (Why do Berettas seem to twist, it's so odd).

Ahh, yes, the Beretta 92 twisting feel. Yet another reason why I hate them. Strangest thing I've ever felt when shooting.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I can't understand why people go ga-ga over the .454 Casull. Has to be the most painful jaw-larring experience I have ever had firing that weapon. Seriously, you cringed at pulling the trigger on that thing.

Lawman

None
ChuckMK23 said:
I can't understand why people go ga-ga over the .454 Casull. Has to be the most painful jaw-larring experience I have ever had firing that weapon. Seriously, you cringed at pulling the trigger on that thing.

For the most part, Id have to say its the flash of it. I doubt most owners shoot the thing more then once or twice a year if that. Probably only gets pulled out of the safe when they want to try and impress somebody else they are shooting with.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:

But guys have always liked the hotest cars, fastest airplanes, most powerful computers, best lookin' women, etc., etc. .... but handguns, hmmmmmmm ...... large caliber pistols and revolvers that look great in a movie but are of limited value in the "real" world.

O.K., how 'bout this ?? :

Based on years of shooting and a couple hundred students/clients I've trained and observed in firearms instruction --- I have noticed a recurring theme amongst the large handgun afficionados: the individual(s) that gravitate toward the HUGE handgun calibers frequently have a problem with the size of their penis. :eek:

metro

HA.

Good thing I only tend to shoot tiny .45 ACP rounds.

Uhhh....I mean...*ahem* .25 ACP rounds *ahem* :D

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Got the Springfield MC Operator. Put on the Hogue wrap around grips. Going to wait till I get to Pensacola to put in the new mainspring housing and mag well.

Anyone have a gunsmith they trust in pensacola? The magwell/mainspring housing requires minor gunsmithing...

Attachments

• DSC00313.JPG
    DSC00313.JPG
    832.4 KB · Views: 38

metro

Vette, depending on which mag well you got, I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I put one of the Smith & Alexanders on both a Springfield and a Kimber, and they both fit pretty well...of course, if you're wanting it to blend with the frame, that will require some work.