• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Prowlers!!!! Got wings!!!! Life is good for TheBubba!!!!

P3 F0

None
Sorry to hear it, Bubba. But welcome back.

Not sure how long you were married, but if it wasn't long and your wife is amenable now, consider addressing your pension and making that a part of the dissolution.

HornyU2

pilot
None
As for all who have said to get things in writing: better advice could not be offered at a time like this.

Once the dust settles from the big D (and no, not Dallas, that Barbie Doll factory to the North, anyway...........) Clearly, at the time you said I do, you were unable to foresee your current relationship. In the same manner, it is difficult to judge what the future relationship with your new 'ex' and children will be like. Get things in writing and follow it like a Dash-1 (or, I mean NATOPS) - otherwise, you might as well pin the seat and unstrap, because if things go bad - you got nothin.

Best.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Here's another horror story-

Long after the divorce from an active duty military wife.

I had physical custody (guess how that happened). Then, I get orders to Japan (shore duty). ORDERS, not will you please pack your shat and go to Japan please? Non-custodial mom freaks and takes me to court, claiming "parental alienation" $47k later I get to take my son to Japan with me, lawyer costs were $250/hr.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Here's another horror story-

Long after the divorce from an active duty military wife.

I had physical custody (guess how that happened). Then, I get orders to Japan (shore duty). ORDERS, not will you please pack your shat and go to Japan please? Non-custodial mom freaks and takes me to court, claiming "parental alienation" $47k later I get to take my son to Japan with me, lawyer costs were $250/hr.

I wonder how she feels about contributing a large portion of her sons' college education, or just general welfare, toward lawyer fees. This is usually the most frustrating part for me. That is, the enormous amount of money spent to end up right back in the same place.

H60Gunner

Contributor
I wonder how she feels about contributing a large portion of her sons' college education, or just general welfare, toward lawyer fees. This is usually the most frustrating part for me. That is, the enormous amount of money spent to end up right back in the same place.

She is not capable of feeling.:eek:

Lawyers know that if they get you to fight, the longer the battle will be, the longer the battle the more $$ they make. Fortunately his college funds were not affected by the whole ordeal. The ideal situation IMO is to have both parents live in close proximity, say the same county. It's not the kids fault their parents are dorked up.

MasterBates

Having been thru one divorce, and been around a few friends who did as well, I think there are a few more factors at play.

First of all, a lot of women get bugs put in their ear that they "Deserve" more. And then they go for it. It can be lawyers, friends, tv shows, etc. And what they want more of can be CS, Time with kidss, Alimony, assets, retirement, hoops for you to jump through, whatever.

Second, this leads to them expecting more. And they fight for it.

Sadly, the children to many women although they may love them on some level are more a pawn to get more from the man than anything else to them.

The laws on divorce in this country are really f'ed up and the assumptions/baselines the courts operate on are often stuck in the 50's or worse.

There's no real way for a guy to "win" short of the woman trying to harm the children, and he being able to prove that. Even if a man gets custody, good luck collecting child support.

The ONE man I know who got primary custody (mom only gets supervised) has not seen 1 dime of CS. And is not likely to, and the court's are not that interested in helping him.

Bubba, watch your back, do NOTHING that can be construed as anything, and I personally would not be anywhere private with the ex without another adult present. If things start not going her way, you may find youself accused of all sorts of things, abuse, hurting MiniBubba, and god knows what else.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. And a women not getting what she thinks she deserves or can get = scorning.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Having been thru one divorce, and been around a few friends who did as well, I think there are a few more factors at play.

First of all, a lot of women get bugs put in their ear that they "Deserve" more. And then they go for it. It can be lawyers, friends, tv shows, etc. And what they want more of can be CS, Time with kidss, Alimony, assets, retirement, hoops for you to jump through, whatever.

Second, this leads to them expecting more. And they fight for it.

Sadly, the children to many women although they may love them on some level are more a pawn to get more from the man than anything else to them.

The laws on divorce in this country are really f'ed up and the assumptions/baselines the courts operate on are often stuck in the 50's or worse.

There's no real way for a guy to "win" short of the woman trying to harm the children, and he being able to prove that. Even if a man gets custody, good luck collecting child support.

The ONE man I know who got primary custody (mom only gets supervised) has not seen 1 dime of CS. And is not likely to, and the court's are not that interested in helping him.

Bubba, watch your back, do NOTHING that can be construed as anything, and I personally would not be anywhere private with the ex without another adult present. If things start not going her way, you may find youself accused of all sorts of things, abuse, hurting MiniBubba, and god knows what else.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. And a women not getting what she thinks she deserves or can get = scorning.

Well said. Good luck to you Bubba.

MB - so, I'll ask a dumb question here and pay the price. What's with the Manatee - I gather it is some sort of devil-woman?

MasterBates

Ah.. The semi-monthly "what is the Manatee" question..

You can search it on here, or perhaps read my blog.. The Feb 07-Sep 08 entries have a lot directed at her.

Short answer. Crazy ex wife, who accused me of all sorts of things when we divorced, and was following a systematic plan to destroy my life. I pay her way too much alimony and lost everything except my 10 year old truck and the clothes on my back.

Reason #1 why I am probably moving out of the US when my contract is up, and not planning on coming back except to visit.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
This should serve as another reminder to all of you A-holes who insist on getting married young and crapping out a bunch of kids. THIS is how it all ends. THIS is what your life becomes - haggling about whose birthday little Johnny gets to celebrate. A fucking vicious tug of war with a crying, traumatized kid as the rope. Stay single people, at least until you're in your 30s.

Brett

My thoughts exactly. Besides I don't want to tow a woman around the world for the next couple of years. Im glad I only got burned once.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Holy Thread Ressurection, Batman!!!

So like I said... this is my I Love Me thread, so i can resurrect it as needed...

Who else here will be wintering in Al-Asad?