• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Prowlers!!!! Got wings!!!! Life is good for TheBubba!!!!

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck and let us know if there is anything you need from us! Let us know how you are doing and post some pics if you get the chance. Stay safe!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Bubba is back... well sorta... landfall in Norfolk in a few days.

Hope all is well with you all.

And to MasterBates, I'm joining your club...

Details (as I can provide) to follow shortly.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'm hoping this is the "AWG Owners Club" but I get the feeling it's not.

I plan on joining that club soon... if they keep selling AWGs...

As for the mobile home... I'd sooner get one of those tourbus sized deals over the towable... much more high class... But I'll have to settle for an apartment for now. No money to buy a portable.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well we at least need the story behind the new callsign. Welcome back! :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Well we at least need the story behind the new callsign. Welcome back! :D

You know how much I can talk. Someone told me to shutup. And added "dumbshit" to the end. Shut Up Dumb Shit. Tis what happens when the new guy asserts himself too much. I got my pee-pee schwacked.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If it is the "Manatee" club you're joining, my sympathies. If I remember right, Little Bubba came along not long before you deployed. As a Dad divorced when my daughter was 1 year old, you have my sympathy.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Hal,

Mini-Bubba is going to be 2 in a few days. My wife is going to take primary custody, but we've agreed that I can see him whenever, just as long as it doesn't interfere with school. We both think that's the best way.

And yeah... it does suck. But I think it'll be better than us staying together.

MasterBates

Bubba, make sure the "you can see whenever" is in writing in appropriate legalese.

I know more than 1 ex wife that had a similar verbal custody agreement, and the man spends THOUSANDS just to see his son for 2 weeks a year. No weekends, no holidays. Nothing.

And he lives less than an hour away.

GroundPounder

From a police perspective, it will be best if all the visitation information is as detailed as possible, this will help you out if things get less friendly. For example, having the visitation listed as " the first and third weekend " is what you want to see vs. " every other weekend. "

The reason being if there is a problem and you call the police, there is no way to determine which weekend this is. The end result will probably be for the child to stay with the custodial parent. The same goes for holidays, and summers. If it were me, I'd want them named by year for the length of the decree.

I only know Georgia law, but you can almost count on any civil order from out of state not being good in another state when it comes to custody issues. Even within a state civil orders are not always able to be enforced by police, although that does vary more from state to state.

I would suggest that you talk with any friends that have been through the process and ask them what they wished had been in their decree that would have made things easier for them, and ask your cousel about including them.

Good luck.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Gents,

Thanks for the advice. The plan is to get it all in writing. I've also know people who've gotten fooked in this sort of thing.

If its in writing, then its that much harder to get proper-fooked.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Bubba,

Sorry to hear it but it will be better for the child in the long run. Bad marriages make bad childhoods. It took me a few years to realize that after my divorce and now that my daughter is older, she says the same thing.

Get it in writing. And make sure it is flexible enough for your Navy schedule, deployments and when your son starts school.

I understand where Groundpounder is coming from but there are ways to build flexibility in and still have cop protection of your rights. For instance, mine says 25 of 52 weekends with me telling my ex-wife via e-mail which weekends for the month by the 25th of the month prior. I had an instance where she denied me picking up my daughter. I took a copy of the e-mail and my custody agreement to the San Diego Sheriffs office near her house, the Deputy read the paperwork, we went to the house and the Deputy said "give him the kid".

My visitation has worked wonders for flexibility with my airline schedule. It is:
- 26 of 52 weekends, I choose by 25th month prior, no more than 2 weekends in a row.
- 2 nights during the week. If I live in the area, pick-up after school and return to school the next morning. If not, p/u after school and back to Mom by 8pm. I choose which nights and notify ex by the Wednesday of the week prior. I can't have kid on a Friday night prior to one of Mom's weekends.
- 1/2 Springbreak. My choice if 1st or 2nd half (CA schools get 2 weeks)
- 1/2 Xmas. Odd / even years for 1st half/Xmas or 2nd half/New Years.
- Every other Thanksgiving Break
- My birthday
- Father's Day
- Every other year kid's birthday
- 3 day weekends are part of weekend schedule - I get a lot of them because of this.
- 75% of summer vacation. Ex gets to choose a 2 week period at either beginning or end. Rest is up to me how much and when.

Also, paying for the kid to visit in most states (at lest NC and CA where I've had court) is a 50-50 thing. In my case I bought the airline tickets and ex reimbursed me 1/2. Judge gave her the option of I pay travel to me and ex pays travel back to her. Also this cost should include the cost for any adult that needs to travel with kid. Judge originally said Dad travels to Mom to get kid and return to his place. Mom travels to Dad to get kid and return to her place. Both parents pay for their own travel.

My ex-wife also can not move my daughter out of the county (San Diego in her case) without my permission. This is to keep her from saying "I'm marrying this Australian and taking your kid to Sydney" type of thing. I know more than a few that saw their kids go halfway around the world with the ex and her new husband.

The ex cooperates at first, but if she gets remarried.....Stepdad now has first right to YOUR kid in her mind and you're now an interference to "their" family. Your "whenever you want" visits all of a sudden start being severely restricted. Be thorough in the custody agreement and demand flexibility. It's better to fight it out now then try and change it latter.

Get the best lawyer you can find and have them review everything. It is money well spent and will save you both money and heartache later. Don't be cheap - you get what you pay for. What seems like a "good deal" never is and lawyering up will protect your father rights, visitation and wallet.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This should serve as another reminder to all of you A-holes who insist on getting married young and crapping out a bunch of kids. THIS is how it all ends. THIS is what your life becomes - haggling about whose birthday little Johnny gets to celebrate. A fucking vicious tug of war with a crying, traumatized kid as the rope. Stay single people, at least until you're in your 30s.

Brett