• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Prowlers!!!! Got wings!!!! Life is good for TheBubba!!!!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Good for ya! Guess I don't understand the syllabus any more. When I went through once you went tacnav you were bound for Intruders or Prowlers. You didn't know which you got until the morning of your winging. Number one guy in our class got Intruders East, next 11 of us got Prowlers ... The perils of the last class of the FY with a Corry class to fill.

Congrats, you're going to a great community with a solid mission and a bright future. Enjoy the 1355 for me.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Right now, all thats available for us SNFOs in VT-86 is Hornets (East or West coast) and Prowlers. So we find out after re-attacks (first air-to-air events) if we're going Strike (Prowlers) or Strike-Fighter (Hornets). Those of us that go Strike move on to T-2's, and the Strike-Fighter guys do some more air-to-air stuff in the T-39 before going to T-2's.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great news - welcome to the family. Your experience reminds me of my own going through the pipeline. Set your sights on what you want, work hard, and with a little luck, you enjoy the reward. When is your anticipated finish time-frame? Feel free to PM me with questions about the platform or Whidbey.

Brett

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
^Great stuff!

Congrats Bubba! My first Prowler flight is tomorrow morning...this really is a great community and a great place to live. PM me with any questions.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Congrats TheBubba,
I know how bad you wanted Prowlers after reading some of your posts. Congrats, you earned it sir!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Update... Got soft winged today... last two flights... It was a great time... did a little air to mud stuff in the morning, a little BFM stuff in the afternoon. NPA never looked so good coming in for the break.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Congrats!

And it's close enough for government work so do a join request for the NFO user group so we can slap those wings on under your name.