• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Golden Car Wings

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Priority goes to those with frontal lobes.

848272.png

KBayDog

Don't know if you got the memo - but I'm a reservist. Which by default means I have more of a frontal lobe than an Active Duty Captain, i.e. - all of the fun, none of the bullshit. :)

I dunno, dude - my current jobby-job fits that description. Life is good!

Oh, and I've got my car wings.

AirPirate

pilot
Sorry phrogpilot, no worries at all, your wings are safe. The email I sent the next day meant that the small initial buy was sucked up before I could say "go." I had to go in order of payment just to make it fair for everyone. You and one other notable VA address got stuck with wave 2 only due to timing. I think you'll be driving in high style in a few days.

AirPirate

pilot
But of course! Although I wouldn't be caught dead over there :icon_tong. Packets are now en route.

...to all the most celebrated destinations in Naval Air.

AirPirate

pilot
Care and Feeding

Sticking the wings onto the vehicle is basically a one-shot deal. Peel the backing and make sure you've got it lined up how you want it and PRESS. Hopefully you cleaned and dried the surface before you stuck them on. If you don't like them, or if they break, or whatever, just get back with me and I'll probably feel sorry for you and work something out. I found one pair that didn't have the tape on them already so if I miss something let me know. Like I said, they don't look perfect at six inches from your face, but standing behind your car they look pretty cool!

My old pair lasted a great many years...long after they disappeared from the market. The paint faded with time, but I was able to refresh them with new paint. The wings on my wife's car faired better over the years, so you never know. But if you do need to take them off (new car maybe?), use a blow dryer or a heat gun on low along with some GooGone. You'd obviously have to find some new tape if you hold onto these wings so long that you're restoring them for your O-5-mobile.

Most importantly I don't recommend selling your car with the wings still on it, or sticking them under your driver's side window. That's just tacky.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Sorry phrogpilot, no worries at all, your wings are safe. The email I sent the next day meant that the small initial buy was sucked up before I could say "go." I had to go in order of payment just to make it fair for everyone. You and one other notable VA address got stuck with wave 2 only due to timing. I think you'll be driving in high style in a few days.

Wow, so like with a detailer, the "truth changed"....

AirPirate

pilot
It's not like I've sent that many wings out....but what do I spot driving through Norfolk last week? A fresh new set on someone's car. :thumbup_1

AirPirate

pilot
To those expecting, a few sets of wings shipped out on Saturday and this morning. If you're on the west coast, you're probably accustomed to waiting :D.

phrogpilot73

I got mine, and while I haven't put them on my car yet - they look pretty good on the topcase of my motorcycle, right above the Givi logo!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
To those expecting, a few sets of wings shipped out on Saturday and this morning. If you're on the west coast, you're probably accustomed to waiting :D.

West Coast reporting: "Sighted Wings - Attached Same!":)BzBs Ride & Wings.jpg

Many thanks to AirPirate.
BzB

brownshoe

Contributor
^^^^
Why aren't you sporting an AW decal as well? You have a few.;)

(BTW... Flug PM'd. He's in on the new hunt too. Catch up with you two tomorrow.)

Steve