• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Girlfriend and flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy sh!t, I haven't been grossed out in a looong time. Well done.

Rocky3168

Ok i need to get this off my chest because its driving me bat sh1t. Im in API right now and will be heading to corpus soon. Ive been dating my girlfriend for over 4 years now (since the beginning of college). She is currently studying law at Pitt and we've been looking into her moving down with me in corpus this summer aprrox. from may to mid august during her summer break. Not only will it be a good time for us to be together/take a break from the long distance and what not, but she is interested in international law ideally with spanish speaking nations (with the large pop. of hispanics, she has found some interesting jobs and internships). Besides some moral hesitations I have, I really feel that this needs to happen for our relationship to continue and grow. As I said, weve been together a looong time so this is certainly not a whim or something Im taking lightly.

Im asking for some advice regarding actually having a significant other with you during flight training. Ive never lived with her and am looking for some feedback from a group of guys with a lot of experience. This issue has been bugging me for while and Id appreciate some advice.

Cheers,

Rocky

winger

FNG
hmmm....

2cs9ixg.jpg

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Im asking for some advice regarding actually having a significant other with you during flight training. Ive never lived with her and am looking for some feedback from a group of guys with a lot of experience. This issue has been bugging me for while and Id appreciate some advice.

Best advice I can offer; INVOLVE her
  • tell her about your work
  • talk to her about the people at the squadron
  • talk to her about flying
  • ask her to study EPs with you...
  • keep her updated on what you will have coming up

Having her there will take away time that you could spend studying, or hanging out with the guys, BUT I have always found it nice to be able to get away from work even for short periods of time, I find it allows me to keep focused while there. It will be easier if she is busy, either with work or something else.

If you decide to bring her down then it WILL test your relationship and show you what you two need to work on in your relationship or if it is something you need to cut loose...if that is the case however don't try to salvage it because it will hurt your grades in flight school or your performance at work...

just my .02, from a guy who got married right before TBS and had a kid at flight school...

Lonestar155

is good to go
Sorry to get off subject and cannot help out in this thread, but I still need to know, are there port visits to Brazil?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot

You are asking a lot of apparently bitter guys, remember that...

I am not a married guy, but I would say go for it. You will have time to spend with her unless you are one of those guys who needs to spend every waking second studying. And it is a great experience for you to share flight school with her. Talk to couples who are married and were together through flight school and they have all kinds of stories they still tell from the flight school days.

If you are together in 5 years I would bet you would highly regret not having her there for some of it.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
You are asking a lot of apparently bitter guys, remember that...

I am not a married guy, but I would say go for it. You will have time to spend with her unless you are one of those guys who needs to spend every waking second studying. And it is a great experience for you to share flight school with her. Talk to couples who are married and were together through flight school and they have all kinds of stories they still tell from the flight school days.

If you are together in 5 years I would bet you would highly regret not having her there for some of it.

Well said...and I am one of those guys who would have surely regretted not having the wife here...besides all the "recreation" in my off time...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well said...and I am one of those guys who would have surely regretted not having the wife here...besides all the "recreation" in my off time...

Every once in a while, someone survives a fall from a 10 story building, but that doesn't make it a good idea. I don't understand why telling the truth relegates one to the realm of the "bitter." I've never been married, so I have nothing to be bitter about, but I've learned vicariously through the misfortunes of others who have made bad choices. Of course, we're speaking in generalities, so your particular case or situation may not fit or apply. The exceptions prove the rule - ignore it at your own peril.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.