• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Girlfriend and flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerstud4

Hey fellas i got another one to ask. I did a quick search about bringing the GF to flight school , couldnt find exactly what i was looking for, hoping someone can elaborate. I know you can live off base at P'cola, but what about Corpus or Vance? If anyone has the experience, is a GF a distraction and would it be smarted to have her wait until you wing? Thanks

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
is a GF a distraction

God...I hope so.

This is an impossible to answer question as it totally depends on your relationship. Could it be good...yes...could it be bad...well.. I think you already know that.

EDIT....and if you have to ask...its a stupid idea.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Even if you don't ask it's a stupid idea. You need to be thinking about one thing in flight school and thats 1.) getting through 2.) getting drunk with the guys in your squadron.

I think Mefesto is seeing double... :D

MasterBates

And, if the GF is prone to mental disorders or other issues, living a few states away will help bring that to the surface...

DO NOT GET MARRIED UNTIL AFTER YOUR 1st CRUISE.

Trust me on this one.. It was the best advice that I ignored..

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Mefesto said:
God... no one gets my humor.

I got it, just now reading it though.

Yes you can live off base in Corpus. But yeah, unless you're dead set on getting married, there's no reason to have her come along. Too many what ifs and potential pains in the ass.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Yea, leave the GF where shes at. I've had a gf since starting flight school. Surprisingly, when she visited 2 wks ago I did really well on my flights. Maybe it was the reward I got when I got home :D But thats beside the point. The GF would be a big distraction if u really enjoy her company. Concentrate on flight school and just fly her out to visit. IF she loves you and understands your commitment to flight training, she'll understand. Mine does. If she doesnt understand, ditch the b!tch!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, leave the GF where shes at. I've had a gf since starting flight school. Surprisingly, when she visited 2 wks ago I did really well on my flights. Maybe it was the reward I got when I got home :D But thats beside the point. The GF would be a big distraction if u really enjoy her company. Concentrate on flight school and just fly her out to visit. IF she loves you and understands your commitment to flight training, she'll understand. Mine does. If she doesnt understand, ditch the b!tch!

You know, Fezz, if your GF happens to be back home in SOCAL, I'd be happy to look after her while you're busy in Pensacola. :D

Brett

thull

Agreed. Ya gotta trust us on this, lazy8s (and Fezz)...we're only here to help. now how bout it?

Status
Not open for further replies.