• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GF...keep her or send her home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyluvngirl

I'm with IceWoman. Do her and you a favor and tell her today what the heck is going on so she can get the heck out of there. Man, I feel bad for her! If I were in her position, I'd want to know ASAP that you had no plans for the two of y'all. Be a MAN, suck it up, and talk to her. You'll both feel better in the end. Trying to 'ween' her off of you is going to be easier said than done. Why have her hang around longer only because you can't talk to her?

Jay - Very well put!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JayT12 said:
So how do you get such a big head into that tiny cockpit?

I love the thing about the ladder, unfortunately it seems like you've got your positions reversed. I don't care about what kind of training you're going through and how hard you think it is, those are just lame excuses. One day you'll realize that there's more to life than flying (although it's very enjoyable) and that pilots are just a dime a dozen (quite unfortunate). May be one day you'll also realize that you're really in love with yourself and that people won't remember you for how well you did in flight training or because you were a pilot. This brick that's on your couch only wants to see you succeed and if you leverage that, you will wind up being more successful than if you were on your own. If you don't love her and she's not the one for you (which apparently is the case and that's fine), let her go, but don't try to put her down on the boards and defend yourself because you're trying to be a pilot and she's getting in the way, it only makes you look like a fool.

The ladder theory is a valid explanation. AVIATORS are not in fact a dime a dozen, maybe Joe Cessna flying on the weekends is but the lethal weapon that is the Naval Aviator cost 1.2-1.8 million a copy last time I checked (platform dependant). And I think his ego pails in comparison to mine but I have a few years on him let his develop.
Send her on her way, it is the right thing to do but dont think for a second that sending her away will not help your situation. How muhc time and thought have you spent on your situation with her? Might have been better spent on limits EPs and procedures.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
You're with who you're with because that's the best you could do - otherwise, you'd have done better, right?

Brett
What is this, the Tom Leykis show?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
What is this, the Tom Leykis show?
Someone has to be the surrogate father around here. Leykis 101 should be taught at API to stave off problems like this from the get-go. :D

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.