• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gen. Clark on Sen. McCain's military service

UMichfly

pilot
None
The disingenuous way they go about it is what I really have a problem with. By using carefully crafted sound bytes, you can make Mother Teresa sound like Hitler. If Sen. McCain has a legitimate history of self-contradiction, smoke him on level ground, not via a clip show. Until they do that, they're treading the same worthless path as the people who claim Obama is a Muslim/terrorist/(insert other illegitimate label here) because his middle name happens to be Hussein.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
General Wesley Kanne Clark (Kanne ... kinda' sounds like "Kine" .... like a Moke) is a piece of shit. I can say that as I am retired and so is "he". He's a former political general, a shill, a yes-man, a functionary ... not a "man's man" by any stretch of the imagination.

Just one question: Do you have any questions about that ... ??? :)

The "real" Mokes .... my Hawaiian Bruddah's .... don't like him, either ...

mokesfh1.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
what general isnt a yes man?? or for that matter anyone O5 and up

Shhhhhhhhhh ... and for the record, I was an O-5 selected for full-bird eagle/beagle ... and I wasn't a "company man" by any stretch of the imagination. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GOD, how I wish I had that "eagle" on my sticker for parking spaces .... :)

waldo20

ha ha, no disrespect,and I certainly didnt mean all ..........I just seem to notice a lot of "cover your ass" behavior from the field grade ranks thats all

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ha ha, no disrespect,and I certainly didnt mean all ..........I just seem to notice a lot of "cover your ass" behavior from the field grade ranks thats all
You're not "wrong" and no offense taken ... it's just one of the reasons I got off active duty after "9" and didn't go beyond "20".

I used to think I was Bull Halsey's re-incarnation. I guess those days died a long time ago. I guess I was wrong. :)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
You're not "wrong" and no offense taken ... it's just one of the reasons I got off active duty after "9" and didn't go beyond "20".

I used to think I was Bull Halsey's re-incarnation. I guess those days died a long time ago. I guess I was wrong. :)
Let's just say if there's a Bull Halsey in today's Navy - he ain't happy.

ProwlerPilot

pilot
If the claim is McCain hasn't had any "executive experience" , what has Obama done? Wasn't he a senator, like McCain? So in addition to what Obama has done, McCain also kept his sh1t together being tortured for years, helped out new captives, and had command? Peace or war, that is still a hell of a responsibility. I'm sure the both of them could handle themselves in the Oval office. Don't they have more important issues to talk about? Like my $70 fill up this morning?!

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Somebody really, really wants to be vice president, and needs to get moving fast because he supported Hillary early in the race.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thought you had a good point, so I looked it up some more and found this being the closest thing. I of course have no opinion either way, just finding more fodder.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/15924.html
All very good reasons why lots of Republicans, and most conservatives, have a great deal of trouble with him. To be fair (because he isn't my favorite Republican) some of the facts changed regarding those issues he changed his mind on, and I don't mean election politics. Just to take three. On the Bush tax cuts he now sees they worked and believes letting them expire with the economy the way it is would hurt. On drilling, oil was a hell of a lot cheaper when he made his no drill statement. On the wire taps, the courts don't have a problem so why should he? I believe it was Fredrick Hyack that said, when confronted with a change of opinion, "when the facts change, I change my opinion." Lets be real though. There is a huge difference between Obama and McCain. I don't see how McCain changing his mind on some issues matters when there are glaring fundamental difference between the two candidates.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
General Wesley Kanne Clark (Kanne ... kinda' sounds like "Kine" .... like a Moke) is a piece of shit. I can say that as I am retired and so is "he". He's a former political general, a shill, a yes-man, a functionary ... not a "man's man" by any stretch of the imagination.
+1...I worked for the guy and have zero respect for him.