• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gen. Clark on Sen. McCain's military service

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Why would he question McCain's military service when the candidate he represents has none? I'm not at all saying that a candidate has to have military service in their history, but it seems like a poor choice of issues to bring up given the situation.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would he question McCain's military service when the candidate he represents has none? I'm not at all saying that a candidate has to have military service in their history, but it seems like a poor choice of issues to bring up given the situation.
Clark wasn't bashing his military service as much as his "executive experience". But your observation is still valid. McCain held an operational command in peace time so that doesn't count as executive experience, but Obama has no executive experience that even comes close to military command at the O-6 level.

waldo20

he didnt bash mccain, he simply said that getting shot down and being a prisoner of war doesnt qualify you to be president.

probley should have gone easy on the executive experience thing

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone here met or worked for Gen Clark?

At one time there was. I don't remember who it was. I won't pass on his impressions second hand. There is plenty in print about Gen Clark as both a military man and politician. But new first hand info would be welcomed.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
All we need to know is that Clark was hand-picked by fellow Arkansan Bill Clinton for his job in the Balkans [Near] War. He is Bill & Hillary's Frankenstein - which distinction has given him access to TV & a terrible waste of bandwidth ever since.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Yeah, you're right ;) :
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html

...and yes, I understand this was prob put together by a bunch of lefty nutcases, but it does put things into a bit of perspective doncha think?

About as much perspective as a Bill O' Reilly or an Ann Coulter clip would...Anyone else think it would be sweet to put the extremist assclowns from both sides of the aisle in a big octagon and let them fight to the death...and then feed the winner to lions? No? Carry on then :D.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
About as much perspective as a Bill O' Reilly or an Ann Coulter clip would...Anyone else think it would be sweet to put the extremist assclowns from both sides of the aisle in a big octagon and let them fight to the death...and then feed the winner to lions? No? Carry on then :D.

While I agree with the 2nd part of your comment, I don't think comparing actual footage of McCain literally contradicting himself over and over is similar to nutty pundits spouting their opinions....