• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

G-LOC Question

NapalmRat

Yes I went back in an hour later and did 3 more profiles and was fine. The g-suit expanding on my abs was giving me kind of an artificial sensation i was squeezing my abs when i really wasn't. Lesson learned.

I think that dog and I have similar subconscious personalities.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Its crazy that in just a quick few seconds your body had time to dream and you remembered it. Thats amazing.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Nice video dude, did you end up with G measles? I felt like an old grandpa for a couple days from all the blood pooling and hardening in my joints.....nice G induced arthritis

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Hmm, an F-14 guy GLOC'd in my class and they didn't make him come back, they let him leave like the rest of us. His video was pretty funny too.

They shut down the centerfuge for a few years due to some cracks in the arm that spun it around, at least that was what the CFET guys told us. It had only been open for a short time when I went through it and most guys I knew in jets had not done it.

What year did you go through it?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great vid!

But who can do 32 Gs!!???!!!

Were the original Mercury Astronauts BS'ing, or did they really pull 32 Gs as this great Air & Space article says?

(Note: I used to ride this same centrifuge years later, but my max was "only" 12 Gs :sleep_125 )

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/the_g_machine.html

centrifuge388may07.jpg

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
32 Gs...sustained... that has to be transverse through the z axis (chest to back) not the x axis (head to toe).
Well, November Sierra, Sherlock!
Duh!

But still, you try it sometime! Eh? ;)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
That was awesome. I remember when I went through I was just getting over some food poisoning. Bad times.

FLY_USMC

pilot
During my "gentle slumber" of a g-loc episode I had a dream....but the kicker of the dream is a fly was buzzing around my head....as I was coming to my hand comes up to my temple and swats it away. I haven't laughed as hard as I did watching that poor dog video in a long, long time! Very nice!

yak52driver

Contributor
When you guys (and ladies) are taking g's in the centrifuge like the OP's video, is it straight through the spine, or are you tilted back at all?

I've had a couple of my akro students pass out from gloc during training with me, and both of them had their arms do the same thing. That was interesting, thanks for sharing it.