• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY2018 O-4 Board

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
If the results don't come out till after September 1st then I get payment number 4 of 6 of my DH bonus before I have to leave. Admin told me as long as I haven't been passed over twice by the time the check is issued 1 September then I get to keep it.

This is the one time my timing helped me. I was similarly due (and received) my DH bonus prior to board results.

Pure speculation: this board will be similar to last, i.e a healthy number of above zone pickups (20-30%), and plenty of due course/automatic-select types will turn down promotion. Millington proceeds with road show explaining how great the numbers are/nothing to see here, throw a plug in for JPME-1, while scrambling to fill DH spots in certain communities. Hilarity ensues.

NUFO06

None
Board updated. Looks like JAG got it two weeks ago on June 30th. JAG had it for a month last time?

NUFO06

None
This is the one time my timing helped me. I was similarly due (and received) my DH bonus prior to board results.

Pure speculation: this board will be similar to last, i.e a healthy number of above zone pickups (20-30%), and plenty of due course/automatic-select types will turn down promotion. Millington proceeds with road show explaining how great the numbers are/nothing to see here, throw a plug in for JPME-1, while scrambling to fill DH spots in certain communities. Hilarity ensues.

Coast Guard just started offering targeted bonus to their aviators. Maybe this coming pilot shortage might push the services to move to drones even quicker.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Board updated. Looks like JAG got it two weeks ago on June 30th. JAG had it for a month last time?

Yeah. Doing some pilot math, it looks like it is on track to take the same amount of time to make its way through the chain as last year.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Welp. Tracker updated today and it is still looking like it is with SECNAV. Almost a month there. Can't say I'm surprised since the new guy just took the job.

NUFO06

None
This could be the year we break records and don't get results till next fiscal! With SECNAV busy being new and dealing with ship drivers in West PAC, Sec Def dealing with Korea and Afghanistan this could be the perfect storm.

NUFO06

None
This could be the year we break records and don't get results till next fiscal! With SECNAV busy being new and dealing with ship drivers in West PAC, Sec Def dealing with Korea and Afghanistan this could be the perfect storm.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Welp. Tracker updated today and it is still looking like it is with SECNAV. Almost a month there. Can't say I'm surprised since the new guy just took the job.

Just curious (not up for LCDR for a while), but what exactly does SECNAV do with it other than approve it? Are there briefings on the results and manning? Can he say "screw it, do it over" if he wants?