• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Luckily I don't have any medical or legal waivers but was borderline on one part of the physical... just curious if the board sees your MEPS results and or med waivers. It's crazy a 67 OAR got denied on the SWO board. Also, it seems @RecruitingGuru disagrees... he replied to my question with "no"

LETS START A DEBATE

You asked if the selection board looks at your medical record. I said they don't. @NavyOffRec mentioned the board DOES look at non-medical waivers to include drug/legal/etc. He said yes.

You are comparing apples to oranges with the responses provided.

Swimmer91

Appreciate it. I had estimates as to my chances, but getting a Prorec N on that board forced me to question all my prior assumptions. Whatever rhyme or reason the boards are picking candidates by, I am clearly not attuned to it.
Yikes. I'm worried about this
Indeed, I was going off memory when that reporting data to the SWO spreadsheet - I just remember the OAR being in the 60s - but I texted my recruiter to get that data double-checked and he said it was actually 67. This confusion includes the GPA, as my UC doesn't count community college classes into the GPA visible on my transcript. It's visible as a 2.9, but my recruiter assured me that he did the numbers, and it comes up to about 3 when those are added in.
what UC? me and another guy in here were uc. UCSB for me

saitoyui

Yikes. I'm worried about this

what UC? me and another guy in here were uc. UCSB for me
UCSD man. Tritons represent!

...Well I'd say that but I'm not sure I felt any sense of connection to my school, if I'm honest. How was UCSB?

Was swo your first choice? This might be a classic example of overqualification and them believing that you won’t take the offer
For record, SWO was my last choice, behind NFO. Also, my recruiter said he figured there'd be no harm in submitting a packet to IP, although to my memory I'm not sure I actually qualify for IP, and I'm not counting on it.

Swimmer91

UCSD man. Tritons represent!

...Well I'd say that but I'm not sure I felt any sense of connection to my school, if I'm honest. How was UCSB?

For record, SWO was my last choice, behind NFO. Also, my recruiter said he figured there'd be no harm in submitting a packet to IP, although to my memory I'm not sure I actually qualify for IP, and I'm not counting on it.
UCSB was pretty great for a lot of reasons. Haha maybe we will catch up in Pensacola