• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

MarchHare

Got my N3M PQ letter today, so celebrating at least clearing the first stages of medical screenings. For anyone wondering, it took me about 2.5 weeks after clearing MEPS to hear back PQ/NPQ.
Man even though everything has been fine for me so far I'm still paranoid about getting denied a waiver for PRK. I was actually PQ'd for SNA after MEPS (and prior to the surgery) but I would've gotten the whammy for astigmatism if I hadn't read the full waiver guide/physical standards. I've been spending way too much time daydreaming at work for this to fall through.

swmonroe88

pilot
Man even though everything has been fine for me so far I'm still paranoid about getting denied a waiver for PRK. I was actually PQ'd for SNA after MEPS (and prior to the surgery) but I would've gotten the whammy for astigmatism if I hadn't read the full waiver guide/physical standards. I've been spending way too much time daydreaming at work for this to fall through.

At least you caught it yourself instead of showing up at OCS and getting redesignated... really goes to show you that YOU are your best advocate, attention to details like that will serve you well in the fleet

OperationChungus

pilot
It'll be interesting to see the distribution of pro rec Y's and N's with the upcoming 13AUG board. I think it'll give us a general idea of how we sit (although it's not truly representative of all the applications). Does anyone know if certain boards throughout the year have higher select rates than others, ie Fall vs Spring etc?

jalen22

It'll be interesting to see the distribution of pro rec Y's and N's with the upcoming 13AUG board. I think it'll give us a general idea of how we sit (although it's not truly representative of all the applications). Does anyone know if certain boards throughout the year have higher select rates than others, ie Fall vs Spring etc?
I'm not sure but I don't know If it will give us a very solid idea. The August board is the last of the fiscal year and the October is the first of the next fiscal year so that may have an impact or none at all lol. I've heard it both ways but that's all hearsay until it actually happens.

swmonroe88

pilot
I'm not sure but I don't know If it will give us a very solid idea. The August board is the last of the fiscal year and the October is the first of the next fiscal year so that may have an impact or none at all lol. I've heard it both ways but that's all hearsay until it actually happens.

I would expect to see relatively high selection rates in 2 weeks. The board prior accepted ~90% of applicants (as far as were posted on here, obviously)... I've also read on here that acceptance rates at the beginning of the new FY are generally higher than the rest because all of the annual allocated slots are still open. Given recent results, I'm cautiously optimistic at most of our chances.

Sandcat

All,

I'm currently an O-3, USMC, and I EAS on 31 December. I didn't make the USMC aviation accession board for a lat transfer to SNA so looking at other options. Is this board something I could apply for and direct commission and go straight to P-cola or do I need a DD-214 and have to go through the entire process to apply.

About myself, I have a 7/6/7 on the ASTB-E, already medically qualified for SNA and I EAS on 31 December. If this board isn't an option would appreciate anyone's insight on potential other avenues in the Navy to SNA. Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
All,

I'm currently an O-3, USMC, and I EAS on 31 December. I didn't make the USMC aviation accession board for a lat transfer to SNA so looking at other options. Is this board something I could apply for and direct commission and go straight to P-cola or do I need a DD-214 and have to go through the entire process to apply.

About myself, I have a 7/6/7 on the ASTB-E, already medically qualified for SNA and I EAS on 31 December. If this board isn't an option would appreciate anyone's insight on potential other avenues in the Navy to SNA. Thanks in advance.

Did you bother reading the program authorization? In particular sub paragraph 6d

buttburner69

Gonna use them as the test run but who knows how consistent the results are