• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

MockingbirdT

Anyone else waiting to go through MEPS? Starting to get a little nervous with only having a couple weeks left.
are you scheduled? you got to get in there asap. although I am not SURE if you need to have gone through MEPS to submit your application, i could be totally wrong.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Anyone else waiting to go through MEPS? Starting to get a little nervous with only having a couple weeks left.
I don’t know about everyone else but I took my ASTB on a Thursday and went to MEPS the following week on Monday so it really was a quick turnaround from what I’ve read. I’m not sure what area you are in but it probably wouldn’t hurt to prod your recruiter to make sure he is contacting the liaison at MEPS and getting the ball rolling. With 6 weeks until packages are due you still have time but the sooner the better.

swmonroe88

pilot
I don’t know about everyone else but I took my ASTB on a Thursday and went to MEPS the following week on Monday so it really was a quick turnaround from what I’ve read. I’m not sure what area you are in but it probably wouldn’t hurt to prod your recruiter to make sure he is contacting the liaison at MEPS and getting the ball rolling. With 6 weeks until packages are due you still have time but the sooner the better.

MEPS can be quick if you don't have anything to list on your pre-screen form. I, on the other hand, had to list a 7 year enlisted career's worth of medical visits and it took me about a month (which I was told was a miraculously short time) to actually make it to MEPS. This is with no waivers at all. I would try my damndest to get there ASAP if you want to make the Oct board.

wkhogsed

are you scheduled? you got to get in there asap. although I am not SURE if you need to have gone through MEPS to submit your application, i could be totally wrong.
Not scheduled yet, and not sure if my recruiter has submitted my pre-screen form or not. I've had PRK surgery but was told that shouldn't be much of a hold up at all. I've been pushing to get this scheduled for months now...

swmonroe88

pilot
Not scheduled yet, and not sure if my recruiter has submitted my pre-screen form or not. I've had PRK surgery but was told that shouldn't be much of a hold up at all. I've been pushing to get this scheduled for months now...

Call Monday and find out if your prescreen is in yet... that's the first step. Are you submitting any medical records besides your PRK stuff? If so, reading the USMEPCOM 601-23 which talks about prescreen screening times and how they relate to the stack of paper you submit.

Last edited:

wkhogsed

Call Monday and find out if your prescreen is in yet... that's the first step. Are you submitting any medical records besides your PRK stuff? If so, reading the USMEPCOM 601-23 which talks about prescreen screening times and how they relate to the stack of paper you submit.

I am planning on calling Monday like you said. Luckily PRK is the only thing I need a waiver for so I am hopeful this will be a quick turnaround... Thanks for sending me that, I'll give that a look.

buttburner69

I’m waiting to go through MEPS. My last visit expired so I’m going next week or the following. Had to submit broken bone documents and what not. My recruiter told me I could apply and still get picked up without having gone, just that I had to get cleared before going to OCS.