• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
"Package Received: 06-Jul-2016. Contents of package have not been reviewed yet. "

Good luck everyone!

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
How many times has everyone applied? This will be my third and I hoping third time is the charms, at least thats what they say. Good luck and I hope everyone has something to occupy their time until the results come out.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
How many times has everyone applied? This will be my third and I hoping third time is the charms, at least thats what they say. Good luck and I hope everyone has something to occupy their time until the results come out.

Wow. Good on ya for keeping at it. Have you been picked up as an alternate previously? Did you apply for pilot all three times?

This is the first for me. I gave it a half-hearted try back in 2009 but my ACT scores were garbage. I've been wanting to apply for a while but my last command was not permitted by instruction to endorse officer packages. I had to sign a pg13 giving up the opportunity. They couldn't afford to lose people early.

SAR2NFO

SAR2SWO
Well, here is what I sent my package in with. Hopefully it is good enough to earn me a spot this year. Good luck to everyone!

RATE/RANK:
AWR1(NAC/AW/SW)
APPLYING FOR: SWO(ED)
EVALS:
MP, P, #1EP, #1 EP,#1 EP (Recent-Oldest)
SMART/JST: 40SH
COLLEGE: 29 credits, currently enrolled at San Diego Community College
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.605 GPA
ASTB-E: 5/6/5 OAR:49
LEADERSHIP: Enlisted Leader of the year FY 2015,CAT II LPO, OPS LPO, NCEA Program manager, SARPO, Lead Crewman for 2 Detachments, Instructor Aircrewman, ALSS CDQAR/Progam manager
AWARDS: Nam (7), HSL-49 Aircrewman of the year (2012),HSM Wing Aircrewman of the year (2012), JSOQ 2012, FLOC (2), BZ in Mech magazine and Navy aviation magazine
TIS: 9.5 years
SAT: 600 (Reading), 550 (Math)
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW/SW/MTS
PRT: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board Internal: LCDRx4, External: 2x CDR 1xLCDR Chairperson: CO TACTRAGRUPAC (CAPT)
LORs: Executive officer of HT-8, CDR, College Professor
MISC: 2000 flight hours, fully mission qualified in the MH60R, USMAP: Computer Operator Certification

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Well, here is what I sent my package in with. Hopefully it is good enough to earn me a spot this year. Good luck to everyone!

RATE/RANK:
AWR1(NAC/AW/SW)
APPLYING FOR: SWO(ED)
EVALS:
MP, P, #1EP, #1 EP,#1 EP (Recent-Oldest)
SMART/JST: 40SH
COLLEGE: 29 credits, currently enrolled at San Diego Community College
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.605 GPA
ASTB-E: 5/6/5 OAR:49
LEADERSHIP: Enlisted Leader of the year FY 2015,CAT II LPO, OPS LPO, NCEA Program manager, SARPO, Lead Crewman for 2 Detachments, Instructor Aircrewman, ALSS CDQAR/Progam manager
AWARDS: Nam (7), HSL-49 Aircrewman of the year (2012),HSM Wing Aircrewman of the year (2012), JSOQ 2012, FLOC (2), BZ in Mech magazine and Navy aviation magazine
TIS: 9.5 years
SAT: 600 (Reading), 550 (Math)
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW/SW/MTS
PRT: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board Internal: LCDRx4, External: 2x CDR 1xLCDR Chairperson: CO TACTRAGRUPAC (CAPT)
LORs: Executive officer of HT-8, CDR, College Professor
MISC: 2000 flight hours, fully mission qualified in the MH60R, USMAP: Computer Operator Certification

What's your intended college degree?

How far are you in Math?

Why did you take the ASTB if you're applying for SWO/ED?

Good luck!

Last edited:

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I am attending an NROTC school (online). I'd like to continue going to the school but I would change my major if I were selected. Does anyone know if the board will recognize if a candidate is already admitted to/attending an NROTC school, and will they look at it favorably?
I would like to say that they like it, but it all depends on the candidate. I think it looks best if you have all your ducks in a row.

Example- If you're planning on attending University of California Los Angeles and at the time you apply for STA-21 you've already been accepted. This is a good thing. Then you should be taking classes or transferring them to UCLA towards degree completion. This would be another very good thing. Showing progress in degree completion at your intended university is a good thing.

I was 60% done with my Electrical Engineering degree at ODU when I submitted. I had been funneling credits to them for 3 years. I sent the STA-21 board my degree completion report (from DegreeWorks) which showed this percentage tangibly. This showed I was already enrolled and was already chipping away at my degree at my intended university. This is just MY story, so take it for what it's worth. Every selectee has a different story.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Wow. Good on ya for keeping at it. Have you been picked up as an alternate previously? Did you apply for pilot all three times?

This is the first for me. I gave it a half-hearted try back in 2009 but my ACT scores were garbage. I've been wanting to apply for a while but my last command was not permitted by instruction to endorse officer packages. I had to sign a pg13 giving up the opportunity. They couldn't afford to lose people early.
No I have not been selected as and alternate and last year there was a problem with my package that caused me to be disqualified. Minor error on my part. I have applied for pilot all three times and heres to hoping third times the charm. That sucks that you were not able to apply at your last command but hey you are back on track now. Good luck this year, hoping to see a few familiar names on the list this year.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
How did you know your package was disqualified?
I saw a note on my application page that said there was a problem with one of my interview appraisal sheets which meant that I did not have the minimum required number to submit. It was already past the deadline and I asked if there was anything I could do and they said unfortunately not.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Wow, that's really bogus. That shouldn't have any reflection on you. Since the command is not allowed to return the appraisal sheets to the applicant, its not as if you can QC them before they are sent out.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
Mine was received 07July16. All documents updated as received. Have a note already asking about a conditional release for CORE since I'm a nuke. They only released me for NUCLEAR and didn't get my release back informing me of that until almost the end of June so no time to update my entire application reflecting only applying for NUCLEAR now. Hopefully it doesn't cause anything negative.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
I was 60% done with my Electrical Engineering degree at ODU when I submitted. I had been funneling credits to them for 3 years. I sent the STA-21 board my degree completion report (from DegreeWorks) which showed this percentage tangibly. This showed I was already enrolled and was already chipping away at my degree at my intended university. This is just MY story, so take it for what it's worth. Every selectee has a different story.

This is what I did as well, showed my ODU DegreeWorks report. Nowhere near 60% finished for Oceanography but figured it would be a great idea to show them I'm at 20% and that doesn't include two classes I haven't finished yet.

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
They have finally reviewed my package and I have the notes:
1. THREE EVALS RECEIVED. FIVE ARE REQUIRED. SCAN/EMAIL THE PREVIOUS (2) EVALS PRIOR TO 11 SEP 2013 TO THE STA-21 OFFICE. 2. NEED C1 2016 PFA SCORES. ALL PFA SCORES SHOULD BE PRINTED FROM PRIMS-MEMBER TAB. EXPAND EACH CYCLE TO DISPLAY THE RAW DATA AND PRINT THAT SCREEN. YOU CAN EMAIL ALL DOCUMENTS TO THE STA-21 OFFICE DIRECTLY.

I sent in the form that was on the website for this cycles PFA, so that should cover note 2. But I have only received 3 evals, and only says last 5 if applicable, but the note is saying 5 are required. What are your thoughts?

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
I sent in the form that was on the website for this cycles PFA, so that should cover note 2. But I have only received 3 evals, and only says last 5 if applicable, but the note is saying 5 are required. What are your thoughts?

If you only have 3 evals due to TIS, I would email the address on the site and explain just that. Should be no issue.

From the website: "Last (5) observed evals, if applicable. (No missing time). Some applicants will not have five evals due to length of time in the Navy. That is fine."

Ensure that you don't have any NOBs from A-school that you may have missed.

Hope this helps.