• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
Don't they usually come out late October? I'm interviewing the CO in about an hour then the command will send my package out later this evening or tomorrow.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Don't they usually come out late October? I'm interviewing the CO in about an hour then the command will send my package out later this evening or tomorrow.

Yeah, the past couple of years it has been the last week of October. Have you guys seen the stuff in the FY16 thread about the NETFOCUS clearing after the board convenes? Some guys had a theory that it was an indication of who got picked up.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Yeah, the past couple of years it has been the last week of October. Have you guys seen the stuff in the FY16 thread about the NETFOCUS clearing after the board convenes? Some guys had a theory that it was an indication of who got picked up.
Yes I have and it seemed like all of the people who's profiles were cleared got selected. Makes me nervous everytime I log in!! Well good luck to you and everyone else. Hopefully they will post earlier in October this year but I'm not holding my breath. How was everyone's experience this year. Mine was great and I had an amazing internal/external board. It was nice that everything came together quickly this year as it is my third time applying. For anyone considering applying I would say just do it and get the initial application out of the way. It makes subsequent year much easier knowing what to expect.

Dg2016

Not to bust any bubbles but I'm assuming someone saw that thread and realized the same thing they did and if you read the website it says the selection status button will be disabled September 1st so that option is out the window. Lol. But having my package in the mail is a huge sigh of relief. Good luck everyone

There is no indication of getting selected prior to getting that phone call from your CoC. My best advice - start thinking about applying for your colleges and getting an acceptance letter in the tight timeframe STA-21 requires (in the event that you do get selected - whether primary or alternate). Additionally, start prepping your package for next year in the event you do not get selected.

Don't let these next few months of waiting consume you! It's hard, but put it on the back burner and don't stress about it until October 1st comes around. Best of luck to all of you and sorry for late reply.

-- Officer Candidate Carrillo
[[STG1(SW)- FY16 STA-21 SWO selectee]]

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Not to bust any bubbles but I'm assuming someone saw that thread and realized the same thing they did and if you read the website it says the selection status button will be disabled September 1st so that option is out the window. Lol. But having my package in the mail is a huge sigh of relief. Good luck everyone
If you read the forum from last year, you'll realize that early indication has nothing to do with that tab. That tab doesn't populate until around 2 or 3 weeks after the selection Navadmin is released.

Read the posts from last year. There is good information in there.

Follow Enrique's advice. Start getting your college situation figured out now. It will only make it easier for you if selected.

Good luck everyone!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
The indication came in the "Package Last Updated" date. Those of us who had SEP 18th were on the Navadmin when it came out. This is due to the fact that they have to run a report in NETFOCUS and it generates the Navadmin list of selectees as determined by the board. It's not a theory. It's a fact.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
If you read the forum from last year, you'll realize that early indication has nothing to do with that tab. That tab doesn't populate until around 2 or 3 weeks after the selection Navadmin is released.

Read the posts from last year. There is good information in there.

Follow Enrique's advice. Start getting your college situation figured out now. It will only make it easier for you if selected.

Good luck everyone!

I am attending an NROTC school (online). I'd like to continue going to the school but I would change my major if I were selected. Does anyone know if the board will recognize if a candidate is already admitted to/attending an NROTC school, and will they look at it favorably?

DLWN64

Although there is a ton of relief that are packages are sent in, don't forget you can add additional informaton past the 01 July postmark deadline, such as grades for classes that posted afterwards. As long as they are submitted by 01 Aug. I'm submitting my Pre-Calulus grade next week. I believe you can send the info electronically but I may decide to do regular mail if it's allowed.

DLWN64

I am attending an NROTC school (online). I'd like to continue going to the school but I would change my major if I were selected. Does anyone know if the board will recognize if a candidate is already admitted to/attending an NROTC school, and will they look at it favorably?

I hoping so. I submitted an acceptance letter from the NROTC university close by here and I'm about to start classes.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Although there is a ton of relief that are packages are sent in, don't forget you can add additional informaton past the 01 July postmark deadline, such as grades for classes that posted afterwards. As long as they are submitted by 01 Aug. I'm submitting my Pre-Calulus grade next week. I believe you can send the info electronically but I may decide to do regular mail if it's allowed.

Yep. You can edit your online application until 15JUL, and send additional documents until 01AUG. I had always heard that email or fax was the most efficient way of getting these added to your package.