• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Seems like the program has changed a lot from when I first came in. It used to be the "American Dream" type deal. Despite paygrade, anyone had a shot based on his/her potential. But with the drawdown occurring and slots becoming more and more infrequent, it would make sense that they would look for less riskier candidates.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
Seems like the program has changed a lot from when I first came in. It used to be the "American Dream" type deal. Despite paygrade, anyone had a shot based on his/her potential. But with the drawdown occurring and slots becoming more and more infrequent, it would make sense that they would look for less riskier candidates.

I may be wrong but for the options that require you to complete your degree by your late 20's, that may still be the case since you only have a limited amount of years before it's too late. With options like Oceanography having a higher age limit, it makes it more competitive since most applying have more time in service thus more achievements.

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
I have always read through this forum but never posted. So here is my information, feel free to give me more things to work on.

RATE/RANK:
AWF1(NAC/AW)
APPLYING FOR: Pilot/CORE
EVALS: P (4 months after mapped to 1st), [EP (#4), MP (#1) Second Class Evals], [MP, MP Third Class Evals].
SMART: 63 SH
COLLEGE: Embry Riddle Worldwide University (28 SH to include Calculus with Analytic Geometry and Values & Ethics) 4.0 GPA
Honor Roll & National Honor Society
HIGH SCHOOL: 3.85 GPA
LEADERSHIP: QA LPO, QA Shift Sup, AE Shift Sup, FE LPO, Line Shack ALPO, Departmental Career Counselor, USMAP Program Coordinator, UPC, Instructor Flight Engineer
AWARDS: 2x Air Medal, , 1x NAM, 1x Sailor of the Quarter, MAP to 1st, 3x Sea Service, 2x LOC, 5x LOA, 3 Honor Student,
TIS: 6 years
ACT: 29 Math/ 23 English
ASTB: 60 OAR, 8/8/9
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW
PRT: Excellent, Good, Excellent
LORs: x1 CAPT, 2x CDR,

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
Which PRIMS report are they looking for you to include in the package? I can't find a report in my PRIMS for all the RAW data.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
I have always read through this forum but never posted. So here is my information, feel free to give me more things to work on.

RATE/RANK:
AWF1(NAC/AW)
APPLYING FOR: Pilot/CORE
EVALS: P (4 months after mapped to 1st), [EP (#4), MP (#1) Second Class Evals], [MP, MP Third Class Evals].
SMART: 63 SH
COLLEGE: Embry Riddle Worldwide University (28 SH to include Calculus with Analytic Geometry and Values & Ethics) 4.0 GPA
Honor Roll & National Honor Society
HIGH SCHOOL: 3.85 GPA
LEADERSHIP: QA LPO, QA Shift Sup, AE Shift Sup, FE LPO, Line Shack ALPO, Departmental Career Counselor, USMAP Program Coordinator, UPC, Instructor Flight Engineer
AWARDS: 2x Air Medal, , 1x NAM, 1x Sailor of the Quarter, MAP to 1st, 3x Sea Service, 2x LOC, 5x LOA, 3 Honor Student,
TIS: 6 years
ACT: 29 Math/ 23 English
ASTB: 60 OAR, 8/8/9
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW
PRT: Excellent, Good, Excellent
LORs: x1 CAPT, 2x CDR,
Very impressive stats, from what I have seen during the last few selections is they take candidates like yourself who have exceptional scores and doing well in college.
Good luck this year!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Which PRIMS report are they looking for you to include in the package? I can't find a report in my PRIMS for all the RAW data.
I always printed the BCA sheet and history of ALL PRT's. I never tried to hide my past! =]

The reports are under the "Member Reporting" Tab in Prims.

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
Very impressive stats, from what I have seen during the last few selections is they take candidates like yourself who have exceptional scores and doing well in college.
Good luck this year!
Good luck to you as well! I feel like this forum isn't as active as it what last cycle. I was reading through FY16's forum and they have a lot more candidates talking to each other. This year it is pretty dead.

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
I always printed the BCA sheet and history of ALL PRT's. I never tried to hide my past! =]

The reports are under the "Member Reporting" Tab in Prims.
Thanks man! It will actually be a little different this year because of all the updates to PRIMS for the new BCA instructions. How is college treating you and how was NSI? Also how should I prep for the boards? Do you know what areas I should focus on?

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Good luck to you as well! I feel like this forum isn't as active as it what last cycle. I was reading through FY16's forum and they have a lot more candidates talking to each other. This year it is pretty dead.
Yeah I agree, last year it was much more active. I think people are getting disheartened with the minimal amount of spots. Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

nicken

2nd time applying

RATE/RANK:BM2 (just made it today!)
APPLYING FOR: SWO (ED) / CORE
EVALS: EP (#1), EP (#1), EP (#1)
High School GPA: 3.57
COLLEGE: Georgia Tech, Mechanical Engineering, 129 credits (Already completed Calc 1,2,3, DiffyQ, Physics 1,2 with all A)
GPA:3.2
AWARDS: 1 NAM
TIS: 2 years 7 months
ACT: 24 English, 35 Math
WARFARE QUALS: SW
PRT: Good, Good, Excellent
LORs: My college counselor, My metor (STGC), My old DIVO
Leadership: WCS, OOD in port, Departmental 3MA (already qualified LCPO/DIVO)
MISC: Passed FE (Fundamental Engineering) exam, able to speak 3 languages (korean - native, japanese, spanish)

Just completed my internal board today. My external board will be next week.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Yeah I agree, last year it was much more active. I think people are getting disheartened with the minimal amount of spots. Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

Agree. It's not what it used to be. I know some people that think the program was discontinued.

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
2nd time applying

RATE/RANK:BM2 (just made it today!)
APPLYING FOR: SWO (ED) / CORE
EVALS: EP (#1), EP (#1), EP (#1)
High School GPA: 3.57
COLLEGE: Georgia Tech, Mechanical Engineering, 129 credits (Already completed Calc 1,2,3, DiffyQ, Physics 1,2 with all A)
GPA:3.2
AWARDS: 1 NAM
TIS: 2 years 7 months
ACT: 24 English, 35 Math
WARFARE QUALS: SW
PRT: Good, Good, Excellent
LORs: My college counselor, My metor (STGC), My old DIVO
Leadership: WCS, OOD in port, Departmental 3MA (already qualified LCPO/DIVO)
MISC: Passed FE (Fundamental Engineering) exam, able to speak 3 languages (korean - native, japanese, spanish)

Just completed my internal board today. My external board will be next week.

Nice! How much college do you have left if you already have 129 credits? Good luck this year!

Lyle Gomez

FY17 Pilot Applicant
Agree. It's not what it used to be. I know some people that think the program was discontinued.

Seriously?! To be honest with you, I think there are a good number of people that should just be applying to the academy. The academy is hurting bad for enlisted personnel. The odds are a lot better for people to go to the academy provided they meet the eligibility requirements

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Last PRT done, got what I needed. Just need these damn SAT scores back and I can do my external. Getting down to crunch time. One check mark at at time...

Anyone else send their package off already? Any last minute stuff y'all are waiting on?