• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
What is the time limit for commissioning again? 30 days from COMDOCS being signed? I remember it is 30 days from something...!
It might be 90 days, saw this number on another posting. I'll link it when I'm on my desktop.

Crippy011

[/QUOTE]
It might be 90 days, saw this number on another posting. I'll link it when I'm on my desktop.
https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/final-select-and-comdocs.40916/ - Here's the post but more importantly, how long you have till commissioning (But I assume this is more speculation than truth. Check with your OR.).

There actually is a "Null and Void Date" on my Officer Appointment Acceptance and Oath of Office Form, but it was 90 days after Grade Date. I could be wrong, but I remember being told that if not accepted and sworn in by then, my commission was void.

Last edited:

Crippy011

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/final-select-and-comdocs.40916/ - Here's the post but more importantly, how long you have till commissioning (But I assume this is more speculation than truth. Check with your OR.).
Great, thanks. I thought I remembered my recruiter saying 30 days, but perhaps he misspoke. Will double check. 90 days would certainly be preferable on my end due to travel.

Thanks for the prompt insight![/QUOTE]
Anytime, but I could be wrong. Definitely check with your OR.

ryblyguy

My recruiter confirmed that my FINSEL is also just waiting on the desk for signature. He seemed cautiously optimistic that it would be signed in the next week or two, but time will tell.
I was told the same thing, then I was told they over hired for FY15 so I was bumped to FY17. So at the earliest I'll be commissioning early October. I hope you don't share a similar fate.

unbroken

Naval officer
I was told the same thing, then I was told they over hired for FY15 so I was bumped to FY17. So at the earliest I'll be commissioning early October. I hope you don't share a similar fate.

What a bummer! Though, hate to say, not entirely surprising. It *is* the US Government, after all! Are you intel or IW? Wonder if that affects all IDC billets or just certain ones?
Either way, sorry to hear. As they say, 'Semper Gumby' -- always flexible!

ryblyguy

I'm METOC. It is what it is, better late than never. It gives me more time to prepare for the change of scenery.

Crippy011

Great, thanks. I thought I remembered my recruiter saying 30 days, but perhaps he misspoke. Will double check. 90 days would certainly be preferable on my end due to travel.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed with my OR. You have 90 days starting from when the FINSEL is dated to commission.

unbroken

Naval officer
Great, thanks. I thought I remembered my recruiter saying 30 days, but perhaps he misspoke. Will double check. 90 days would certainly be preferable on my end due to travel.
Confirmed with my OR. You have 90 days starting from when the FINSEL is dated to commission.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for asking. That's a relief as my travel schedule is packed through the next 4 weeks, and I was a bit concerned about finding an open date for commissioning if needed. 90 days should be no problem, though.

Crippy011

Confirmed with my OR. You have 90 days starting from when the FINSEL is dated to commission.

Thanks so much for asking. That's a relief as my travel schedule is packed through the next 4 weeks, and I was a bit concerned about finding an open date for commissioning if needed. 90 days should be no problem, though.[/QUOTE]
Anytime. I'm in the same boat as well.