• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

MTRIO

One thing I will say it's hard to sit back and wait, but at the same time patience is a virtue. I wish they had some form of centralized database, for example; (usajobs.gov), that way at least you were notified if you were rated as disqualified or etc.

20 Years

I share your sentiments. In my case this is it for me.
I've been coming to this site for the last year or so for information and/or inspiration from you guys... you guys are the best by the way.
So in a nutshell, if I don't get DCO for IP this time around (1st time applying, my package is/was PRO-REC as of last week ) then I will retire from the Navy Reserves (per BUPERS I already completed 20 SAT years of service - all in the IT rate). I'm just awaiting for the results like you guys. My background and education is in software engineering, I'm a Manager of Application Development for a major airline - 40 years old. I was a Sr Programmer for many years before moving to management.
Anyhow, I truly cannot wait to learn my faith, at the same time I have to be ready to move on if I don't get DCO.
It hurts me to know that I might never wear a Navy uniform ever again (if I don't get DCO).
I wish you guys good luck, whatever happens next week I will never forget this life changing process, and you guys.
Thanks so much for all the good info and inspiration I found here in the last year.
God Bless.

bryanteagle6

As someone that is trying for DCO as the way I can serve.... thank YOU for your service! Do they force you out at 20 as an elisted, or are you making the choice to end a great run?! You may be doing another 20 as an officer ....just wait, ha!

20 Years

As someone that is trying for DCO as the way I can serve.... thank YOU for your service! Do they force you out at 20 as an elisted, or are you making the choice to end a great run?! You may be doing another 20 as an officer ....just wait, ha!

Thanks so much.
I can continue up to 22 years so I'm ok there for now. I always felt that is better to leave what you love a little bit earlier than a little too late, always proud on a positive note. So next week I either turn in my retirement request/package (is ready btw), or start a new road in the Navy as an officer for 20 more years :)
Good luck to you also, good things happen to good people. I hope you get it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I echo bryanteagle's sentiments - congrats on 20 yrs enlisted service, and thanks for all you do! You deserve a commission, but know that you have done more in your enlisted service than the majority of non prior enlisted JO reservists who go IRR sometime around LTJG. I'm curious, how many times did you deploy?

I am thinking this is my "last" time applying for DIRCOM, as well. It's my third time, but the first two times I applied (in 2013 and 2014) my package never made it out of the local region and on to Millington for the Board's review. So I guess this is my one and only look.

I know people will tell me to keep trying until I'm selected-- an O-6 and an O-4 have already encouraged me to resubmit for Sep 15 if Mar 15 doesn't go my way. But frankly, if I'm not being selected over and over and over again, there is probably a good reason for it.

Some people are just not cut out for it, and/or sometimes a resume just doesn't create that "spark" with the IDC DIRCOM Board no matter how many "cool" things a person keeps tacking onto it in recent years (i.e., there's no going back in time and undoing my bachelor's degree or early work history).

20 Years

I echo bryanteagle's sentiments - congrats on 20 yrs enlisted service, and thanks for all you do! You deserve a commission, but know that you have done more in your enlisted service than the majority of non prior enlisted JO reservists who go IRR sometime around LTJG. I'm curious, how many times did you deploy?

I am thinking this is my "last" time applying for DIRCOM, as well. It's my third time, but the first two times I applied (in 2013 and 2014) my package never made it out of the local region and on to Millington for the Board's review. So I guess this is my one and only look.

I know people will tell me to keep trying until I'm selected-- an O-6 and an O-4 have already encouraged me to resubmit for Sep 15 if Mar 15 doesn't go my way. But frankly, if I'm not being selected over and over and over again, there is probably a good reason for it.

Some people are just not cut out for it, and/or sometimes a resume just doesn't create that "spark" with the IDC DIRCOM Board no matter how many "cool" things a person keeps tacking onto it in recent years (i.e., there's no going back in time and undoing my bachelor's degree or early work history).

Thanks so much Sir, persistence pays off.. I hope you get it this time around. I've done active duty and my fair share of deployments/active duty orders while in the Reserves (all in the IDC community). However at the end of the day, who know what this particular board is looking for.

Mike Brunda

I'm hopeful as well, although maybe I've gone into this whole thing too lightly... I've been pretty casual about the whole things and outside of a less than competent recruiter, haven't hit any bumps in the process. I boarded and did all of the med stuff already... I'm 9 years removed from active duty and thought this would be fun. I see how badly everyone else here wants this and I'm interested and think it'll be fun, but I certainly don't know that I'd go to the lengths and the number of resubmissions that folks here have... Best of luck to everyone.

20 Years

I share your sentiments. In my case this is it for me.
I've been coming to this site for the last year or so for information and/or inspiration from you guys... you guys are the best by the way.
So in a nutshell, if I don't get DCO for IP this time around (1st time applying, my package is/was PRO-REC as of last week ) then I will retire from the Navy Reserves (per BUPERS I already completed 20 SAT years of service - all in the IT rate). I'm just awaiting for the results like you guys. My background and education is in software engineering, I'm a Manager of Application Development for a major airline - 40 years old. I was a Sr Programmer for many years before moving to management.
Anyhow, I truly cannot wait to learn my faith, at the same time I have to be ready to move on if I don't get DCO.
It hurts me to know that I might never wear a Navy uniform ever again (if I don't get DCO).
I wish you guys good luck, whatever happens next week I will never forget this life changing process, and you guys.
Thanks so much for all the good info and inspiration I found here in the last year.
God Bless.
I apologize for my typo, I should have said that my package is PRO BOARD.