• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

S117

Naval Aircrewman SAR Swimmer
S117,

The fleet brief is avaliable here: http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/fleet_brief.asp

What it does is go over an overview of the sta-21 program, most likely for those who may not have a steady internet connection or for leaders to brief Sailors on the program.

The last 3 slides generally go over the selection statistics for current and previous 2 or 3 fiscal years.

Thanks Doc, I appreciate the knowledge. I think I'm going to take my one day to sulk and then definitely be on the look out for that report.

Doc B-dorf

No FY15 Program for me! Almost done w/school!
Pardon my noobie ways, but what's the "fleet brief stats"?

S117,

The fleet brief is avaliable here: http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/fleet_brief.asp

What it does is go over an overview of the sta-21 program, most likely for those who may not have a steady internet connection or for leaders to brief Sailors on the program.

The last 3 slides generally go over the selection statistics for current and previous 2 or 3 fiscal years.

visanoven

ENC -> OC
A_Longo, I was an alt two years in a row, but moved up my second year, so keep the faith and get everything back in Oder, same as last year bt.

if you were selected are attending ODU, feel free to PM, I would love yo hear if we are going to have more company his spring.

Congrats to all he selectees and alternates! If you weren't on the list, apply again, and again, and again!

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
Congratulations to everybody who made it on the list! I'm especially excited for CTN2 Vomocil, the only other person at my command who appied for the program. :) For everyone who made it, the selection was well deserved.

exNavyOffRec

Those are some pretty tough numbers, but remember there are other avenues to become an officer, finish your degree while you are in then go to OCS, get out finish then go to OCS, LDO or CWO when the time comes as well.

Even for those that never get that commission you will have earned a degree with hard work and determination, that is something to be proud of.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Well the results are in. Congrats to those that made it. Enjoy the glory.

This was my third time applying, and unfortunately (maybe fortunately), my last. I will be able to finish my degree by the end of next spring, and therefore, won't be eligible. I'm not going to lie, I had really high hopes this year. I improved my package. I improved my boards. I even received an LOR from my former CO (last year I did not have any LORs, yet still managed to get ALT). I had a really, really, really good package. I poured a lot of effort into this. I know that had the number been what they were a few years back, I would have been selected. But that was then, and this is now. This program is very competitive, and with the extreme budget cuts we are faced with, it is going to stay that way.

With all that said, for those who were not selected, or are thinking of applying, I still highly recommend you do. The chances are slim, but you will come out a better person for having tried. As NavyOffRec said, there are other avenues to becoming an officer. If that is your ultimate goal, than you should always take every means possible in order to achieve it. I look forward to putting in a package to OCS as soon as I finish my degree, and hope to see everybody here on the other side some day!

Popo out....

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Well the results are in. Congrats to those that made it. Enjoy the glory.

This was my third time applying, and unfortunately (maybe fortunately), my last. I will be able to finish my degree by the end of next spring, and therefore, won't be eligible. I'm not going to lie, I had really high hopes this year. I improved my package. I improved my boards. I even received an LOR from my former CO (last year I did not have any LORs, yet still managed to get ALT). I had a really, really, really good package. I poured a lot of effort into this. I know that had the number been what they were a few years back, I would have been selected. But that was then, and this is now. This program is very competitive, and with the extreme budget cuts we are faced with, it is going to stay that way.

With all that said, for those who were not selected, or are thinking of applying, I still highly recommend you do. The chances are slim, but you will come out a better person for having tried. As NavyOffRec said, there are other avenues to becoming an officer. If that is your ultimate goal, than you should always take every means possible in order to achieve it. I look forward to putting in a package to OCS as soon as I finish my degree, and hope to see everybody here on the other side some day!

Popo out....

For all of you close to finishing your degree, I believe you can apply for a commissioning program BEFORE you finish. I had a prior apply to be a rad health physics officer before he was finished with his degree. I also know for a fact college students can apply for OCS before they finish their last class. You just have to be within so many months of finishing that last class and be able to prove it. Like STA-21 apply ASAP and often.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Congrats to all those selected. To those alternates and non selects, keep on applying. I was a non select and a two time alternate before going on to finish my degree using all the other programs available(Clep, ncpace, TA, etc.). Now I am waiting to attend OCS in January.

Don't give up or get discouraged, keep improving yourself and you will get your commission or make a great Chief one day!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now I am waiting to attend OCS in January.
A former 1mc piping, paint chipping BM heading for OCS... who'da thunk it? Congratulations BM1, and all the FY-14 selectees!;)

Don't give up or get discouraged, keep improving yourself and you will get your commission or make a great Chief one day!
What he said!:)
BzB

visanoven

ENC -> OC
I apologize for the terrible spelling and grammar in my last post, I was typing it on my phone. I just wanted to make sure that the message was received. If any selects need info on ODU, or anything else in the process for that matter, PM me. Congratulations again.

exNavyOffRec

For all of you close to finishing your degree, I believe you can apply for a commissioning program BEFORE you finish. I had a prior apply to be a rad health physics officer before he was finished with his degree. I also know for a fact college students can apply for OCS before they finish their last class. You just have to be within so many months of finishing that last class and be able to prove it. Like STA-21 apply ASAP and often.

Active Duty are now required to have degree in hand prior to submission, non AD can and have applied 6 months prior to graduation.

S117

Naval Aircrewman SAR Swimmer
Active Duty are now required to have degree in hand prior to submission, non AD can and have applied 6 months prior to graduation.

NavyOffRec,

Can I get the instruction that is listed in? I have a sailor trying to put in an OCS package that I need to prove this to. Thanks in advance for any help.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Can I get the instruction that is listed in? I have a sailor trying to put in an OCS package that I need to prove this to. Thanks in advance for any help.

It is in the 1420.1B, and more importantly it was what the NRC processor told one of the people here when his application was sent back.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
NavyOffRec,

Call Ted Williams and pose that question to him. He is the fleet OCS processor. He can be reached through the global on OCSqestions. When I was applying he said that he was only allowing active duty who were within 30 days of graduation to apply. Rules might be relaxed now.