• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Lui

OCS Applicant
Well if he wasn't pressing F5 before, I'm sure he will be now .. haha
I was thinking of making a automated txt msg program so one person could stay on watch at all times and we could save our F5 keys. I ran out of time though.

melodyne53

FY13 STA-21 Intel Applicant
Hey guys! Another STA-21 applicant here. Even though I am new I have been following this thread for the longest. I try not to think about it as much also, but it's tough not too.

Although I have never posted before, I share all your agony over waiting for this decision. I was able to get a hold of John the site Admin who graciously made this account.

My wife is actually the one who applied for the program. But accepted or not, I am really proud of her. Every command she went to, literally told her up that they DO NOT SPONSOR SEAMAN TO ADMIRAL packets when she arrived. After 6 years she finally found a command that said they would sponsor her packet in the last two years. The way the dates fall though, effectively made it so she could only apply one time. We have waited ten years for this opportunity and it would be nice to see it through. If she doesn't get accepted, she is going to apply for reserves and finish her degree while not active duty.

I was trying to pass along a message, but I am glad I didn't. My wife actually met someone who is in the chain for this decision and they said the announcement would be made last Friday. The letter has already been drafted and I have a couple theories why it has not been released yet.

A. They have been announcing a lot of promotions and selectees for other programs and wanted to give the admin folks some breathing room.

B. They are waiting to see what happens with sequestration because the funding for Seaman to Admiral comes from the group that funds are being cut.

C. This is like a giant lowering the mast before it crashes into the bridge joke, and we are all targets.

What makes this whole decision agonizing, is that we are currently geographically separated and I am separated from her and my daughter. I went ahead to where she is going to school if she does or doesn't get in. I am really concerned they won't approve her packet to the reserves in time to make this semester if this announcement takes much longer. Anyways, I wish you all the best of luck, at this point I have a feeling only the Admiral knows, and he isn't telling.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
literally told her up that they DO NOT SPONSOR SEAMAN TO ADMIRAL packets when she arrived.
Your wife got some terrible gouge. While I've heard of commands being less than enthusiastic about helping with these packages, under no circumstance - outside of instructionally disqualifying factors - have I heard of a command flat out saying no. I'd have lost my mind. Sorry you find yourself in that predicament.

As for the reason's it hasn't been posted, I don't know. Two years ago it was held because the government was very close to being shut down, so it didn't come out until November. That may be the case this time, but I'm really hoping not, especially considering a handful of people have call various sources that have said that it's only a matter of time. One way or another, we'll survive and wait as long as we have to.

They literally said it right at indoc. We have gone though a couple other for the good of the Navy situations, but I don't want to bash the Navy. Overall they have been great to us and the leadership is only human too. Sometimes when coping with requirements they get into all or not mode. Her new command is amazing though and they have been incredibly supportive. This is her chance and I am proud that she got the opportunity to apply and saw one of her goals in the Navy through. If she ends up taking another road we are prepared, but waiting is driving me crazy. You would think I would be used to hurry up and wait by now.

BlkDragon

AWS1(NAC/AW)
Let me know (another long time lurker here guys) if she does go reserves. I'm SELRES now after 10 years active and have q package in (3rd time). There's literally a ton of info that they never tell you that are massive programs that help! (like free xhild care while you're out on orders, college programs for spouses, etc.)

I really appreciate the offer of assistance BlkDragon. I definitely will be getting back to you. I would love assistance with finishing my degree. But I probably make too much to qualify for anything. She still has to make it through perform to serve first. With the way things are these days, even with her good evals, it might not be enough :( Her current command was exempt from even being evaluated.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I went to see paranormal activity 4 tonight .... It sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone .... I almost asked for my money back ...