• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
Your prior enlisted, so they will automatically provide you with an age waiver if your selected up to age 31. Source - STA-21 NFO select with an age waiver.

That's true, but if I don't get picked up until FY13, I would be starting school around Summer 2013. That means I wouldn't start school until I'm 29, giving me only two years to finish my degree. I have college credit now but a lot of it won't transfer to the school I want to attend. This really is my best shot at doing this right so I hope the board takes seniority and age into consideration.

It is it

No I am an STS1, how about you?

I am an AG1. Have you heard of any others putting in for Oceanography? It looks to be an option that is not too popular. Last year there were only 10 that were qualified, and 4 were selected. I know of only 3 total right now that are submitting for Oceanography.

mboardmanusn

I am an AG1. Have you heard of any others putting in for Oceanography? It looks to be an option that is not too popular. Last year there were only 10 that were qualified, and 4 were selected. I know of only 3 total right now that are submitting for Oceanography.
Yeah I saw that as well. There are two of us from my command. I anticipate that the number of applicants will be larger this year but I guess we'll find out in a couple of months!

Eblack904

Yeah I saw that as well. There are two of us from my command. I anticipate that the number of applicants will be larger this year but I guess we'll find out in a couple of months!

You guys also need to take into account that there is the Oceanography Option, as well as the SWO-Oceanography. Two totally different options. Last year for Oceanography it was 10 qualified 4 selects. and SWO-Oceano had 2 qualified, 2 selects. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew the difference. However i applied for SWO-Oceano.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone. This is my forth time applying for the program. I was an Alternate Last year for CORE. Putting in for SWO/CORE this year. Just found out that the school I want to go to doesn't accept SMART Transcripts for transfer credit and I don't have any previous college experience. Anybody already in the program or any Officers that have passed the program know if it's easy to get a degree plan and finish your bachelor's in the required 36 months with no prior credits? Thanks for the help. Good luck to everyone applying.

I-just-did-it.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Mech E at Old Dominion University. I took about 140 credits in roughly 33 months. The Mech E was 126 and I also had to have a minor and some foreign language. Some of the classes (lower level) were completed at a community college over the summer semesters, one summer I took 22 hours. It was tough, but not impossible.

Right now I'm in IFS in Pensacola.

mboardmanusn

You guys also need to take into account that there is the Oceanography Option, as well as the SWO-Oceanography. Two totally different options. Last year for Oceanography it was 10 qualified 4 selects. and SWO-Oceano had 2 qualified, 2 selects. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew the difference. However i applied for SWO-Oceano.
Understand all.

Eblack904

Out of curiosity Eblack, is your father a retired A6/A4 pilot who flew 747s?

No MasterBates, my father is currently a Merchant Marine. and to Price311USN: Yes i am awaiting chief results to see who made it that i know. my old LPO is FTS, she made it this cycle and called me all the way from Japan.

And just confirmed: The total slots for this years STA-21 is 150 Max slots. of course last year the Max Slots was 230 according to our budget, but that was slashed. But however there was a earlier post on this thread about the ECB (Enlisted Commissioning Budget being cut in half) not so much in half. They have however took away 70 students per year for STA-21 and added more things to USNA, dont know what buts its an efficiency thing. So even if they select the max 150 that would be better than 115 lol

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
No MasterBates, my father is currently a Merchant Marine. and to Price311USN: Yes i am awaiting chief results to see who made it that i know. my old LPO is FTS, she made it this cycle and called me all the way from Japan.

And just confirmed: The total slots for this years STA-21 is 150 Max slots. of course last year the Max Slots was 230 according to our budget, but that was slashed. But however there was a earlier post on this thread about the ECB (Enlisted Commissioning Budget being cut in half) not so much in half. They have however took away 70 students per year for STA-21 and added more things to USNA, dont know what buts its an efficiency thing. So even if they select the max 150 that would be better than 115 lol
Where are you getting your information from?