• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Cleonard19

Contributor
It doesn't take long. Medical was really good in Charleston, that took one day to do everything and one day to see the Doctor to sign the papers. The longest thing is the acceptance letters and degree plans, but most of the nuke schools are pretty quick. I did not rush and I had everything in by the end of November. Leonard, are you a SPU ELT by the way?

Nope, Electrician type here, but I know who you're talking about. I got my ass chewed my first week on crew because a different crews LCC thought I was HIS dink ELT who wasn't progressing on his staff quals.

ELT(SS)

Nope, Electrician type here, but I know who you're talking about. I got my ass chewed my first week on crew because a different crews LCC thought I was HIS dink ELT who wasn't progressing on his staff quals.
Always a good time right there, there was about 2 months on the boat where this tardo could not figure out the difference between me and this other guy who is about 5" shorter than me and wore cowboy boots, and I got yelled at for him all the time.
Good luck whenever the results finally come out.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
Cleonard19 said:
The thing that pisses me off is knowing that every day they wait to release them, that's one less day to get everything together and submitted for selectee's/alternates. I know you should be doing most of it already, but most of us end up doing them halfway and put off finishing everything until we know.

Yup, I got orders a week before I had to report to BOOST. I transferred the day before my ship headed to the Gulf. Just like when I commissioned and had 1 week to get to Pensacola. Meanwhile, I was trying to sell a house and move a family. C'est la vie. :D

ELT(SS) said:
As a side note, I applied to way too many schools because my high school GPA was atrocious and I thought that would matter more than did,

Same here. I left college on academic suspension, and figured I'd never be back. :rolleyes: Medical was quick, transcripts were easy. Be in contact with the folks in charge, and you'll be fine. More importantly, get used to the cold and memorize directions to and from The Rhino and The Garden (for reasons that will become clear later.)

Cleonard19

Contributor
House: Clean
Car: Immaculate (and Waxed)
Bicycle: Cycled (30 mi)
Furnace: Fixed
Glock: Cleaned
Sigma: Cleaned, "Cleaned" and ready for sale
USNA Package: Worked on
Nazi Zombies: Dead
House: Watched (good episode)
CSI Miami: Standing by

And thats just my list for today. I'm running out of things to do to keep myself away from this thread.

Anyone wanna buy a S&W Sigma SW40VE? :D

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I hope the results don't hold out to much longer, we are moving out of our apartment tomorrow, I sold my truck, and I already sent my cargo half way around the world. I wonder how they fix that if I am not on the receiving end :confused:

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Well today is supposed to be the day so my fingers are crossed. I'm on midwatch right now which means I'll probably be sleeping, then right after that I'm off to NY. Hopefully the results will come out and someone will PM me!

zeroentropy

Well today is supposed to be the day so my fingers are crossed. I'm on midwatch right now which means I'll probably be sleeping, then right after that I'm off to NY. Hopefully the results will come out and someone will PM me!

Today better be the day, with everyone so convinced it was the 20th. We shall see!

wikidtwidget

when does the may NSI class up, early or late in the month?

Middle... It was around the 15th last year. But I dont know what they will do this year without BOOST because when I went in May last year it was all BOOST and Alternates (and 4 nurses that didnt fit in FEB)