• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
i am not a cheesehead, but am a favre fan. his worst year in the league was his first. since then he has consistently put up the same numbers as far as stats, with only small fluctuations. he was as good last year as every other year in the league, and this year looks to do better. and all of this is while he is forty years old!

Yep! Hence the reason why every other child and pet animal is named "Brett" in my home state of Wisconsin. :)

jsimons33

Will the results be out first on message traffic, followed by NPC and then Bupers??? And how long does it take to progress from each?

ELT(SS)

Will the results be out first on message traffic, followed by NPC and then Bupers??? And how long does it take to progress from each?
Two years ago they came out in message traffic on Friday, then on Monday npc was updated and shortly after so was bupers.

Killer Causey

Ill be watching msg traffic continuously througout the day and night. Ill be back inport wednesday then i'll be going on leave. hopefully the results are released prior to my departing the ship, would be a nice going home "gift".

Cleonard19

Contributor
Ah come on. :) I'm a cheesehead, and totally agree that Favre is best quarterback ever... but one of these times he IS going to retire and the Packers had to start bring up the next guy. Favre himself wasn't good for the first couple years, but the Packers stuck with him...

Yeah, they stuck with him. until the day they didn't. I agree, in the next 203 seasons, he'll hang it up for good. His rotator cuff is the weakest link in the chain that is Brett Favre. BUT, they got rid of him probably three years before he was no longer championship caliber and 5 years before he couldn't hack out a winning season any more.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
Will the results be out first on message traffic, followed by NPC and then Bupers???

I found out on BUPERS about 3 days before a message came out.

On a side note, BOOST and NSI were a blast. You'll meet some great folks from different communities, and RI is a fun place to be. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Good luck to all you hopefuls!

JNeal111

AT2 -> OC -> SNFO
Hopefully the results will be out this week I can't keep waiting anymore...(like I have a choice). But if the results get out I hope there will be some PM going around here ;)

zeroentropy

Hopefully the results will be out this week I can't keep waiting anymore...(like I have a choice). But if the results get out I hope there will be some PM going around here ;)

As long as there is someone watching message traffic at the time, we should know right away when they come out.

Cleonard19

Contributor
The thing that pisses me off is knowing that every day they wait to release them, that's one less day to get everything together and submitted for selectee's/alternates. I know you should be doing most of it already, but most of us end up doing them halfway and put off finishing everything until we know.

ELT(SS)

The thing that pisses me off is knowing that every day they wait to release them, that's one less day to get everything together and submitted for selectee's/alternates. I know you should be doing most of it already, but most of us end up doing them halfway and put off finishing everything until we know.
It doesn't take long. Medical was really good in Charleston, that took one day to do everything and one day to see the Doctor to sign the papers. The longest thing is the acceptance letters and degree plans, but most of the nuke schools are pretty quick. I did not rush and I had everything in by the end of November. Leonard, are you a SPU ELT by the way?
As a side note, I applied to way too many schools because my high school GPA was atrocious and I thought that would matter more than did, but because of that I can tell you this:
Oregon State-Super Fast turnaround (about 1-2 weeks and you will have all documents needed)
Uof Washington-Really fast turnaround (about 2 weeks to have electronic copies and 3 for hard)
San Diego State-Early to mid December
U of South Carolina- I did not bug them for anything, but got an acceptance letter in January
U of New Mexico- Again did not bug them, but got an acceptance letter in late January
U of Minnesota- I did bug them, and they would not send me anything until January. If you run into a school like this talk to NETC to see what to do. They let a couple people change schools while we were in RI
U of Arizona- They were about a month, and I never contacted them

I did not turn anything in until a day or two before stand down, and still got orders the first full work week in January. I seem to remember them putting out a Dec 15 deadline for everything, but not too many people made that date as far as college paperwork.