• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

S8G2F18

Well, just to stir the pot a little more, I thought I'd share this tid bit of info. When ever I go to log onto this site, I Google search FY-10 STA-21 Results. It is always the first link in the results that shows up. As of about an hour and a half ago, there is a new link that shows up first. It now says "STA-21 Selection Board Results" as the top result. The link is to a page on the STA-21 Website. When you click on it, it immediately pops up as "The Page is not Found". Hmmmmmm. Also, I have been on and off netfocus all day, so I don't think it was ever down. I know earlier I asked what it was, but that is just because I didn't know it was called that. Just never really looked at the web address that close after bookmarking it.

Pretty sure you're looking at the old fleet brief page. If you click on the cached link in the result you can see the link to the fleet brief page.

Bill3753

Ya, I saw that too. Just thought I'd throw it out there. You never know. They might be upating or getting ready. It is just odd how I always search the same thing to get here, and this site is always first. It is just odd, today of all days, that that is now the first result.

JNeal111

AT2 -> OC -> SNFO
Results will be out when their out and with all the people that are addicted to this thread Im sure that the results will be pm'ed to everyone who wants them but even though the wait is stressful you shouldn't stress about things you can't change so just be patient everyone.

jsimons33

Wrong PFA from Prims

sooo I am thinking my package might be in trouble. I just recently signed into the the website and in the comments section it said that my PFA results needed to show the last 3 cycles plus the RAW scores. I guess we only sent the normal prims sheet that is one page with all 3 of the last cycles on it, but it didn't have the exact number of pushups, curlups and run time, rather only the overall scores of each section.
This is really a bummer because I felt that I had a strong package as I was bluejacket of the year last year (I am now a third class), I have 140 college units (straight A's), Outstanding Medium on my PFA's, phenomenal letters of recommendation, I am an ACLS and BLS instructor (which in the medical field is a big deal), and I was ranked number 1 in my command and external boards. It just seems like such a waste that they might throw out my package for one little mistake like this (even though it was at the advice of my career cousleor's office that I sent this PFA result sheet rather than the one with the raw scores like I originally wanted to send)

S8G2F18

sooo I am thinking my package might be in trouble. I just recently signed into the the website and in the comments section it said that my PFA results needed to show the last 3 cycles plus the RAW scores. I guess we only sent the normal prims sheet that is one page with all 3 of the last cycles on it, but it didn't have the exact number of pushups, curlups and run time, rather only the overall scores of each section.
This is really a bummer because I felt that I had a strong package as I was bluejacket of the year last year (I am now a third class), I have 140 college units (straight A's), Outstanding Medium on my PFA's, phenomenal letters of recommendation, I am an ACLS and BLS instructor (which in the medical field is a big deal), and I was ranked number 1 in my command and external boards. It just seems like such a waste that they might throw out my package for one little mistake like this (even though it was at the advice of my career cousleor's office that I sent this PFA result sheet rather than the one with the raw scores like I originally wanted to send)

Nothing you can do now. Learn from it and apply again next year if you were NQ'd.

jsimons33

How did everyone else send their PFA results? Was it a certified to be true copy that was simply one page from Prims, or was it multiple pages? Thanks!

How did everyone else send their PFA results? Was it a certified to be true copy that was simply one page from Prims, or was it multiple pages? Thanks!

One page per PFA- they had individual breakdowns including height, weight, etc. I got all three of them certified as well.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Have to send the Raw Scores. Learned my lesson on my first package but caught the mistake in the comments section.

I'd wait till the results come out since it's probably in 3 days... nothing you can do now. Learn to never be persuaded by anyone, including a career counselor, until you see it in writing.

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
Anyone else apply to the EDO option? is FY10 the first year it was offered?

I applied for SWO/ED too. Yes, this is the 1st year it was an option for STA-21. They are only selecting five, so I'm really curious to see how many people applied.

jsimons33

Well, I just called my command career counselor's office after posting my last comments (after stewing for awhile). They said that my package is fine and that the board always calls them before a package is disqualified for missing documents so that the applicant has a chance to re-send it. Also, although the comments section of the PFA say that I need my RAW scores, the other section states that it was received. I am hoping my career counselor is right (they have a loooong and very good track record of getting many people commissioned) however I am still a little unnerved.

Also, the word I received is that results will be out on October 20th (I guess that is a Monday). The results are simply waiting on 2 seperate Admirals to sign them.

corko87

I didn't want to say it out loud because I'm jsut an IS2 but its very unlikely the board will throw away a package when it can easily get ahold of the command. We put a lot of work into these packages but we have chiefs and senior officers that do too. It would be a waste of time and money to just toss hours and day and weeks of hard work. If you don't get picked up this year though (for other reasons) remember for next year to check that Comments section on a regular basis through August (you can still fix things before they go to board) and continue to look over your package. I caught about 3 things admin messed up on. Luckily my chief knows the STA-21 guy and could easily fix it.

OscarMyers

None
I didn't want to say it out loud because I'm jsut an IS2 but its very unlikely the board will throw away a package when it can easily get ahold of the command. We put a lot of work into these packages but we have chiefs and senior officers that do too. It would be a waste of time and money to just toss hours and day and weeks of hard work. If you don't get picked up this year though (for other reasons) remember for next year to check that Comments section on a regular basis through August (you can still fix things before they go to board) and continue to look over your package. I caught about 3 things admin messed up on. Luckily my chief knows the STA-21 guy and could easily fix it.

If your chief knows the sta21 guy how come we dont have a date yet? lol

predikate

Yeah I'm really curious too. I've have been asking around and I have not heard of anyone else applying ED. So if five is right then the odds are looking good.