• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

leadblimp

Wow, still nothing. I don't know if this has changed, but some of you will have literally until Dec 17th to get everything in. Quite frankly, you can do it, but if ANY school drags their feet....

I really feel bad for all of you folks. I saw that the MCPON is looking into it via Facebook.
Ahh facebook, what would we do without you? Aside from possibly growing legitimate interpersonal skills.

MR1(SW)-->ENS

FY-10 STA-21 Core Selectee
Ahh facebook, what would we do without you? Aside from possibly growing legitimate interpersonal skills.

I think this whole facebook thing is officially making the whole COC thing obsolete. if you look at some of the posts on the wall, we have some 18 yr old kids asking for the MCPON to email them. who the hell tells the mcpon to email them??? are you serious????

Thanks to all the guys that hooked me up with the info for ODU. I think im just going to stick with SUNY, they have a better deal i think.

mmm0207

questions for nursing applicants

Ok, for those applying for nursing... I've been accepted to ODU but I am missing 2 of their prereqs inorganic and organic chemistry for the nursing program. I'm just confused if I need those to apply for nursing. Depending on selection, I could probably take those in the summer... but as far as requirements go, do I need a letter of acceptance from ODU or ODU nursing program? Or can I just apply to nursing after attending ODU thru STA to complete the prerequisites? It also states that they will bump you into the nursing program only if you have a 3.5 or higher... I just screwed myself if thats the case because I only have a 3.0. I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask, cuz I just went cross eyed! lol.... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again... I am so stressed now that someone mention Dec. 17 as a deadline and results STILL aren't out!

SurfRodder

Ok, for those applying for nursing... I've been accepted to ODU but I am missing 2 of their prereqs inorganic and organic chemistry for the nursing program. I'm just confused if I need those to apply for nursing. Depending on selection, I could probably take those in the summer... but as far as requirements go, do I need a letter of acceptance from ODU or ODU nursing program? Or can I just apply to nursing after attending ODU thru STA to complete the prerequisites? It also states that they will bump you into the nursing program only if you have a 3.5 or higher... I just screwed myself if thats the case because I only have a 3.0. I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask, cuz I just went cross eyed! lol.... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again... I am so stressed now that someone mention Dec. 17 as a deadline and results STILL aren't out!

I don't mean to dishearten you further, but inorganic (general) chemistry is usually a prerequisite for organic so you'll probably be hard pressed to find a school that'll allow you to take both concurrently. General Chemistry is also usually a two semester class as is Organic, so you appear to have 4 semesters of chem in front of you. I know you probably don't want to hear this(esp. now) but if you can knock out those 4 classes, you'll have a MUCH better chance of getting picked up for any Medical type of degree program. Organic is a 'make or break' class for Doctors, to give you an idea of it's importance as a prerequisite.

If you do somehow get picked up for the Nursing option, youre likely to be forced into the the path that you outlined. Attend ODU as you are and once you complete those prereqs apply to the nursing school. Another plus to that is that if you have any gen-eds or elective classes left you will be able to finish those up while completing the general/organic series.

As for your GPA, that may be an issue, but I have seen several GPA reqs waived in the past(at other schools). maybe someone who has already been down the road you are traveling can chime in.

shoe83

Can you CLEP Chemistry? NKO has a study guide, and most Navy College Offices can adminster your CLEP at no cost to you.

mmm0207

thank you, good news or bad i need to hear it because i need to be prepared. this semester I took bio I, next semester i am taking bio 2 and chemistry, and thats just depending on wether im accepted, because if im at NSI i obviously can't be here. that will all have to get pushed back until summer if thats the case... putting me prob a semester or 2 behind and maybe even unable to complete my degree plan come to think of it. yeah pretty freaking disheartening. but you know if it happens it happens. if it doesn't, there is always a reason why. i just know i am going to fight my hardest to do this, and I won't have any regrets later. thanks again and if any one else has any suggestions or anything helpful let me know.