• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

leadblimp

I am sorry that I asked a question with out looking and caused you to waste 3 seconds of your precious time by looking at my post. I really feel bad now.
Dont fret its all going to be alright. Just remember its the internets and sometimes 'research' is not actually a necessary skill to have but in your defense here is a little titbit to go by

Cochran ...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Gerald Broflovski Damn it!... He's using the Chewbacca defense!

Cochran Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

-From wikipedia

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
I am sorry that I asked a question with out looking and caused you to waste 3 seconds of your precious time by looking at my post. I really feel bad now.

Throttle back there, it's not so big of a deal that you need to get an attitude. Don't take it personal. We're trying the whole "...teach you to fish, feed you for life." thing here. It will save EVERYONE a lot of time (more than 3 precious seconds) if you can start finding things yourself, especially things that have been discussed repeatedly. If you can't take a little online heckling, it's not gonna be any easier in real life.

Cleonard19

Contributor

dumb-Neanderthal-thickskin.jpg

Navnuke

Oh, I forgot. The rest of the Navy actually observes Veteran's Day and actually gets the day off. Must be nice to be a yeoman.

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
Oh, I forgot. The rest of the Navy actually observes Veteran's Day and actually gets the day off. Must be nice to be a yeoman.

Hmm... A yeoman? Try... shore command bud. It doesn't count if you are a Yeoman on a ship. Plus, I doubt the Admirals we are waiting on are "yeomans"...

Must be nice to get a reenlistment bonus... no matter where you are at. :)

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
Originally Posted by SAYYRAH85

Great attitude.

Searching isn't difficult and you should also look on the STA-21 website and read the instruction. Stop being lazy.

Sorry, Sayyrah85, I kind of agree.
I also think it's likely that everyone that was asking for the "list of colleges" (and questions that were all answered on the STA-21 website) probably missed some important information when they were doing their application too...

S8G2F18

Hmm... A yeoman? Try... shore command bud. It doesn't count if you are a Yeoman on a ship. Plus, I doubt the Admirals we are waiting on are "yeomans"...

I am at a shore command. I worked 2230-0800ish the past 7 days. Including Veteran's day.

Those reenlistment bonuses are as high as they are for a reason, turns out.

ELT(SS)

I am pretty sure the Admiral isn't going to put the message out himself. Also pretty sure prototype is up and running today, even though it is a shore command. But hey, you can always fall back to making fun of him for getting a bonus, because it really sucks getting 10K every October 1st.
After being out to sea for a while, and back at prototype instructing, I would rather be at sea. Prototype is such an amazingly horrendous place that there were times that I would rather be sitting out in the water going 3 knots in an increasingly large rectangle than be working rotating shift work for 9-11 hours a day. That is not how it was when it was bad, that is how it is all of the time. Trust me, they get every last penny out of those re-enlistment bonuses, but go ahead and keep picking on the nuke because he doesn't know anything.

bb1787

Not to be part of a pissing contest, but I would kill for regularly scheduled 9-11 work shifts. It's the 7 months of working 16-20 hour shifts 6 and 7 days a week prior to actually beginning a 6-8month deployment that kill me. But that's normal life for a maintainer in HSL. I love my 12 hour days, sometimes I have a 10 hour day and don't know what to do with the extra time on my hands. And yeah, sure would be nice to have a bonus to try to make up for the rediculous stuff they put us through, and even when there was a bonus, it was nowhere near that of a nuke.

I understand the reason there will always be nuke bonus and it'll always be high, but trust me when I say, Nukes don't necessarily make up for the money they make by putting in the hours of labor.

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
Not to be part of a pissing contest, but I would kill for regularly scheduled 9-11 work shifts. It's the 7 months of working 16-20 hour shifts 6 and 7 days a week prior to actually beginning a 6-8month deployment that kill me. But that's normal life for a maintainer in HSL. I love my 12 hour days, sometimes I have a 10 hour day and don't know what to do with the extra time on my hands. And yeah, sure would be nice to have a bonus to try to make up for the rediculous stuff they put us through, and even when there was a bonus, it was nowhere near that of a nuke.

I understand the reason there will always be nuke bonus and it'll always be high, but trust me when I say, Nukes don't necessarily make up for the money they make by putting in the hours of labor.

Yep. I totally agree. I actually feel the worst for the mechanics and technicians that work side-by-side with Nukes, doing the same job, without the pay. All I'm saying is that there are many others that work their behinds off other than Nukes.
And, I think we can all agree that we haven't been waiting on these results for weeks because of one person or one rating.

oldballs

as a prior nuke at the prototype, they don't pay nukes enough for what they go through. But they don't pay any sailors enough for what they do and sacrifice. Happy Veterans Day everyone.

and i can't believe how long everyone is having to wait for these results. I was passed over twice for STA before having to go OCS to get out of the nuke world.

ELT(SS)

Not to kick the dead horse, but prototype is supposed to be a shore duty. I would kill for an 80 hour week on sea duty as well, but shore duty isn't supposed to be like that. We all work way too much and get paid way too little. The balance will never be right, and we will never make the money we should putting in the hours we do. I figured it out a few months ago, in 20 years in the Navy, we put in slightly more hours than most people will in a 45 year regular job. Also it is easy for me to be all offended when people make fun of us when I get the bonus.

I can't believe I have forgotten to spread the word on this. Most nukes should no about this, and this is a legit site. The guy that makes these cartoons is a Boomer Submariner and he has a cartoon where it is just two guys standing the midwatch in port. It is like a Navy version of Seinfeld and is absolutely hilarious. If you don't want to click the like, which I don't blame you, search youtube for either TubeDaze, or Hey shipwreck.
www.tubedaze.com
This is a good way to kill some time with humor.