• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

mmm0207

Can you CLEP Chemistry? NKO has a study guide, and most Navy College Offices can adminster your CLEP at no cost to you.

yeah, maybe i should look into doing that.... i haven't taken that since high school so i'd definetly have to study my ass off... but its attainable... thank you very much!! i don't know why i didn't think of it.

Nurse2B

Nurse Corp applicant FY10
Ok, for those applying for nursing... I've been accepted to ODU but I am missing 2 of their prereqs inorganic and organic chemistry for the nursing program. I'm just confused if I need those to apply for nursing. Depending on selection, I could probably take those in the summer... but as far as requirements go, do I need a letter of acceptance from ODU or ODU nursing program? Or can I just apply to nursing after attending ODU thru STA to complete the prerequisites? It also states that they will bump you into the nursing program only if you have a 3.5 or higher... I just screwed myself if thats the case because I only have a 3.0. I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask, cuz I just went cross eyed! lol.... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again... I am so stressed now that someone mention Dec. 17 as a deadline and results STILL aren't out!

** Fellow Nursing applicant here. I think the common theme with applying to school is to have a good open dialouge with the admissions officers. They will usually work hard to ensure they can get you into their program. On that note, don't put all of your eggs in one basket, there are programs out there that do not require Chem and O-Chem as a pre-req. Good luck, and I hope to see all of our names on that list !!!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
yeah, maybe i should look into doing that.... i haven't taken that since high school so i'd definetly have to study my ass off... but its attainable... thank you very much!! i don't know why i didn't think of it.

The only CLEP that ODU accepts for CHEM is 115 and 116/117. You can't CLEP the higher CHEM classes, but I do know a lot of people that are nurses at ODU and they don't seem to have a problem completing the curriculum. Besides, CHEM isn't one of those kinda classes that you can study for a week and then CLEP, there are some pretty specific things you need to know, espcially when you get to A&P. Contact the admissions office and ask specific questions about your timeline.

zeroentropy

This may be slightly off topic, but I thought maybe someone might be interested in it.

If you are curious about these two programs and live in the Norfolk area then please try to make it the following meeting:

When: Friday, November 13th
Time: 0900-1200
Where: Ted Convocation Center, Big Blue Room. Norfolk, VA
Info: The session is free; however, they are asking that you register ahead of time, so please follow this link to complete the registration. http://vtc.odu.edu/development/newgibill.html

I hope that someone here will be able to make it to be able to clarify any questions that some of you have regarding the new GI Bill.

I will be going to this tomorrow, is anyone else here attending? If anyone would like some information afterward, feel free to ask and I will answer any questions I can.

gjhouston

I will be going to this tomorrow, is anyone else here attending? If anyone would like some information afterward, feel free to ask and I will answer any questions I can.

Can you ask for clarification if we are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program on active duty? I have seen conflicting answers.