• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

SubmarineWife

Fy09 sta-21 nsi

My husband was accepted last year, then NPQ'd for NFO, selected again this year for Core. Looking at going to NSI probably in February (as he was assigned last year) because he's continuously going to school. Looking for someone who is LDS that would like to room with him (at his request).

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
My husband was accepted last year, then NPQ'd for NFO, selected again this year for Core. Looking at going to NSI probably in February (as he was assigned last year) because he's continuously going to school. Looking for someone who is LDS that would like to room with him (at his request).

Uh...unless things have drastically changed since I went to NSI a billion years ago, you are assigned your roommate, you don't get to pick based on your likes and dislikes (kinda like in the fleet..hmmm). Being LDS usually means he will be assigned with the most foul mouthed, alcoholic prankster in the entire joint.
Good luck and congrats to him.

SubmarineWife

Interesting because he was told last year that he would be able to choose and LDS roommate, and the guy he was going to room with ended up with an LDS guy anyway. Interesting if all that was by chance. Hmmm...something to think of.

SubmarineWife

But onto other things. What is this I hear about goose poop at NSI? What is the policy of visiting family? We're in Groton and I'm hoping to make a weekly delivery of home goods and picking up dirty clothes.

k_smittay

Unfortunately.. there is no choice. You get who you get. :)

Goose poop.. wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. Only had to roll around in it a handful of times. As far as families go.. after about week 3 or 4 you start to get liberties on and then off base. No problem seeing families. My biggest regret is not bringing my family for BOOST/NSI. The guys who brought there families got to go home everynight. Sweet deal. That isn't an option for the NSI only guys though.

BrickNole

pilot
Wow i cannot believe it. It's just the start of a long journey to a commission. Thanks whoever leaked the list, i could not wait much longer...PILOT SELECT WHOOOOO!!!!!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
My primary school is Univ. of Oklahoma, but if I don't get into it how hard is it to change one of the schools that is on my online app. to another school? Just wondering.

aircrew1221

Hey everyone! My husband got Pilot Select. I had a few questions. As long as he has to do NSI & Boost I will be going with him so if there will be any wives there as well I would love to talk to you.

* If you are already in college can you tell me how the ROTC programs are at your school? We are still in the deciding stages of where to go to school so any information on schools that you are attending would be great.

Thank you for any information.

aircrew1221

also, when you apply to colleges. Do you apply to the college or the cross-town affiliate if that is where you want to go.

Thank You again

Stick

pilot
also, when you apply to colleges. Do you apply to the college or the cross-town affiliate if that is where you want to go.

Thank You again

Here at The Citadel all you have to do if you want to attend a cross-town affiliate is fill out a piece of paper that says you are a full time student at The Citadel. You (the Navy) will have to pay for the classes, but because you are already accepted to The Citadel you get accepted to the cross-town affiliate.

As far as how the ROTC unit works is basically the same for most units. We PT Monday after school, Wednesday before school, and have Navy lab Thursday after school. OC's do not participate in the games the cadets play. We wear our khakis, not their uniforms. We pretty much go to class, PT, and lab, that's it. You live out in town. Some of the married people live in Navy housing because the Naval Weapons Station is only about 15 minutes away. You are guaranteed acceptance to the school no matter what your SAT/ACT scores/high school transcripts are like. It is not near as bad as people think it would be at a military college. Just like a normal college, we can skip class if we want and don't even get in trouble like the cadets do. I have not skipped any class, but the people that have, have never had anything said to them.

Stick

pilot
You can go to whatever school you want, as long as you get the acceptance letter and degree plan. The school doesn't have to be one that was on your STA-21 application. So to answer your question, very easy.

Sams

* If you are already in college can you tell me how the ROTC programs are at your school? We are still in the deciding stages of where to go to school so any information on schools that you are attending would be great.

We've had a great experience at Texas A&M! Go Aggies!