• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Anybody else still waiting on a phone call from their skipper. Hopefully tom i will officialy find out.

I'm still waiting too. With the 3 day weekend there are probably a lot of us who haven't "officially" found out yet. I do hope the NAVADMIN is released sometime early this week also. I'm anxious to log in to the STA website and check if I will be attending BOOST first.

SkyBoundET2

I'm still waiting too. With the 3 day weekend there are probably a lot of us who haven't "officially" found out yet. I do hope the NAVADMIN is released sometime early this week also. I'm anxious to log in to the STA website and check if I will be attending BOOST first.

my cso contacted me, and i'm wondering what the old man will make of it... it could be quite a conversation between them, knowing my captain. :D

flyn707

Amen AC2. Is anybody using their leave before they go to boost/nsi. I have heard that their wont be much time to use it next year.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Amen AC2. Is anybody using their leave before they go to boost/nsi. I have heard that their wont be much time to use it next year.

I just got off of leave this past Friday and I'm also taking as much as they will let me for Christmas. I have just under 60 now (with this past leave period already taken out). Haven't asked my ROTC unit how flexible they are with leave around the holidays but I know I won't be taking any during the semesters. It's going to be a tight 3 years for me.

haubby

None
Contributor
but if i am married?

If your married your good to go then. If you go to BOOST you will be under PCS orders so your entitled to Newport BAH which is alot. If you only go to NSI your TAD and you'll get BAH from your previous duty station.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
wait wait wait... so i WILL get BAH at NSI, but WON'T get BAH at BOOST? Sorry- can't figure out what was determined there

It all depends on your orders. If you are sent TAD then you continue to receive BAH, if you're sent PCS, then you get no BAH.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I just got off of leave this past Friday and I'm also taking as much as they will let me for Christmas. I have just under 60 now (with this past leave period already taken out). Haven't asked my ROTC unit how flexible they are with leave around the holidays but I know I won't be taking any during the semesters. It's going to be a tight 3 years for me.

If you dont even know where or when your going..how do you know what YOUR ROTC is?? I am confused maybe...also anyone on here that are Nukes and went to college that they eccepted a lot of your credits from Nuke School besides ODU?? Last but not least...what school is AMES

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
If you dont even know where or when your going..how do you know what YOUR ROTC is?? I am confused maybe...also anyone on here that are Nukes and went to college that they eccepted a lot of your credits from Nuke School besides ODU?? Last but not least...what school is AMES

From what was said from prior selects in the 4,122 page thread we've all been posting on the last year, it seems as if most of the time you get your first choice of schools. Most being the keyword. I already have applied and been accepted to my school and have the acceptance letter in hand so now just need to find out how the ROTC thing works. Maybe I am just being optimistic (which I am usually not) but am planning on this working out. I do have back-up plan just in case the "most of the time" falls through. Calling my schools ROTC unit is on my list of things to do tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure how that works being accepted to the schools ROTC unit. Hope they (or somebody on here) can explain.

BrickNole

pilot
It would make sense that when a selectee mails their degree plan and acceptance letter to STA-21/OD2, they would automatically inform the ROTC unit that your on the way. No further application necessary.
Tomorrow I will also call up my college (U of Florida) ROTC unit and get more details.
I'm also in the same boat with the engineering degree...probably wont happen, I will have a crammed 3 years of school. Wish I could take Sociology but it's not technical...

flyn707

McNasty...I believe a technical degree is optional. If that is the case i would go for whatever degree you really want to complete within the time constraints.

Congrats by the way

aircrew1221

I have a few more questions, my husband is wanting to major in Sociology because if he goes for the engineering degree he more than likely will not be able to complete it.

We have narrowed it down to four schools: University of South Florida, Texas A&M, Norfolk State University, and University of Colorado.
If you have any information on the ROTC units at any of these or any other information it would be greatly appreciated.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Technical degrees are optional. As long as you get your degree and maintain 15+ hours per semester no one will care what it says on the paper.