• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Congratulations to all who made it!

Good luck getting everything put together.

My advice is not much, but here it is, for what it's worth:
Hit the ground running for the college applications. Apply to as many colleges as possible and keep on the advisers that you are working with. If you encounter excessive resistance with one college or a degree plan, look for alternatives. Do not give up until you have a good, solid degree plan that will be considered acceptable by Mr. Straten. You'll need to provide a path from start to finish and make sure your degree plan shows "Leadership and Management" as well as "Leadership and Ethics" for that particular university. If those courses are not on your plan then it will be rejected.

Again, congrats to all who made it! Glad to see the next round getting picked up for a great program and hope you guys get to see your dreams fulfilled.

Good luck to those reapplying, and if you weren't selected for FY09 I'm sorry to hear that you didn't make it. :(

flyn707

I have a family of five. Does anybody know if while im at NSI that my will still be able to keep BAH and BAS for my family. I hope so or im screwed.

Stick

pilot
You will be able to keep BAH. You maintain the BAH from your transferring command until you report to your ROTC until. That is when you get the new BAH rate. If you are staying in the same zip code, as I did, the only change you will see is when you loose BAS (and other special pays).

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I thought you keep BAS also

You will be able to keep BAH. You maintain the BAH from your transferring command until you report to your ROTC until. That is when you get the new BAH rate. If you are staying in the same zip code, as I did, the only change you will see is when you loose BAS (and other special pays).

Stick

pilot
Nope, because you are provided every meal at the galley. BAS is only meant to feed the service member, not your family. That is why you loose it.

dsimonds

Participants in the STA-21 program will:

• Receive full pay and allowances including BAH and BAS for their enlisted pay grades
straight from the sta-21 web

Stick

pilot
Participants in the STA-21 program will:

• Receive full pay and allowances including BAH and BAS for their enlisted pay grades
straight from the sta-21 web

That is in reference to when you are at your ROTC unit, not NSI like was aked.

Navy_Brat_AT

Friend told me I could find the results on this page and what do you know. If someone could pm me the list I'd be more then grateful.

Well, Someone from thae ADMIN took it off the forum. In the previous forum, someone had posted it. I am assuming the message was coolected by an IT who has the best message trafic in the world!! I'll bet good monwy that the message was intended for the CO's.

Stick

pilot
Just make sure you have some money saved up for NSI because I saw a lot of guys go over their uniform allowance (some by more than $200) when it came time to pay for our uniforms. Just remember, it is all worth it in the end.