• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

fourthofnt

Last year 3 guys from my husbands command , including my husband, applied. 2 for CEC, the other for core. None of them where selected. One guy we thought was for sure in. He went to the academy, didn't finish though and his wife was selected for sta-21 but didn't take the offer. We assumed that he knew exactly what to do and say to get selected....but he didn't so who knows???

aircrew1221

Yea this site has help me keep some sanity knowing that im not the only one hanging on to any little information that comes out. I've been keeping up with the posts and decided to join.

We've been here about 4 years and are ready to go back to the East coast where we are both from, we're hoping sta-21 gives us the chance to do so.

aircrew1221

My husbands best friend applied last year along side him and he made it and we were for sure my husband was a shew in if his friend made it but we see that didn't happen.

davebomb25

I need to get off this topic about waiting so maybe someone here can help me out with this issue I have. I am currently an Aircrewman on the USS Roosevelt DDG-80 in the Middle East. If I get selected, do any of you know the normal procedures as far as will I be sent home, will I stay...etc I am scheduled to return from deployment in late March. I completed my college apps early and have acceptance letters. My physical is complete as well. I will still have to get a degree plan from the schools though. Any thoughts?

aircrew1221

I need to get off this topic about waiting so maybe someone here can help me out with this issue I have. I am currently an Aircrewman on the USS Roosevelt DDG-80 in the Middle East. If I get selected, do any of you know the normal procedures as far as will I be sent home, will I stay...etc I am scheduled to return from deployment in late March. I completed my college apps early and have acceptance letters. My physical is complete as well. I will still have to get a degree plan from the schools though. Any thoughts?

this is only from experience but i would think they would send you back early because of when NSI/Boost starts. I know they held off on putting my husband on a deployment because they would just have to send him back.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
They are suppose to hold you or send you back for school if you are selected. All it is, is like you are transfering to your next command. I mean I have only been in three years so I haven't experienced that, but I heard it is similar to like your PRD.

browncal

Yea this site has help me keep some sanity knowing that im not the only one hanging on to any little information that comes out. I've been keeping up with the posts and decided to join.

We've been here about 4 years and are ready to go back to the East coast where we are both from, we're hoping sta-21 gives us the chance to do so.

Have you been with Q2 the entire time? We had a good friend who was aircrew with 2. He's in Japan now. What school are you hoping to get into?

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I put in for CEC last year and was selected as an alternate. They only selected 4 last year and 4 alternates. I didnt send in a single college credit and somehow was selected for alternate. I think it just totally depends on what they are looking for. This year I submitted 71 credits and put in for NFO. Went with the better odds.....they are killing me with the wait though for sure!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Those aren't my numbers. I just went to google and searched for FY09 STA-21 results and that popped up. That's how I found this forum. It is a .mil site also so I wonder how much truth is in the numbers, but you also have to remember not all of those 3,000 some odd packages were reviewable.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
It probably was the number of online applications that were submitted; not the number of people who actually followed thru and sent in the mail in portion of their package.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
No that's what I am saying the message said 5,018 submitted online application, but only 3,231 actually sent in full packages. Now how many had good reviewable packages that is still to be determined, so that is more info that we have to wait for.