• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Well if Ed answers the phone tell him hi for me. I annoyed the shit out of him last year :)

I refuse to be that "next guy that calls me" person to NPC. If you read the previous posts, I think that I counted over 5 people calling them today...just from this group alone within the past 3 hours

dsimonds

We have been with Q-2 since Oct 2005, My husband is looking at University of Central Florida in Tampa.

University of South Florida is in Tampa (I went there for STA-21), not University of Central Florida. That is around Orlando area. Not a big deal, but if you all want to be in Tampa, then you have to pick the school that is there.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I refuse to be that "next guy that calls me" person to NPC. If you read the previous posts, I think that I counted over 5 people calling them today...just from this group alone within the past 3 hours

Sad but true.

I know we are all over-achievers to some extent on here but I dont believe calling STA-21 or NPC throughout the dayover and over again is such a good idea. I'm sure the people responsible to releasing the results are aware of all the calls and we dont want to piss them off do we?

+1
I'm just as anxious as anybody else but think we should give these guys a break. The results will be out when they are out. There is nothing any of us can do to speed up this process.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Anyone heard anything yet? I mean I have a strong feeling that the message will come out tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, even next Wednesday. hahaha No seriously though I really have a good feeling about tomorrow because I have 0000-0800 watch tonight and will not be at work tomorrow but I am glad I have the internet at home because I will probably be on it all day tomorrow!!!

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Well now that I think about it and not to make you guys any more crazy than you already are. I was up at like 2-3 am checking the site when I got word that I got picked up. I got told by some guy on a ship someplace that managed to get the results before anyone... don't ask me how.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Well now that I think about it and not to make you guys any more crazy than you already are. I was up at like 2-3 am checking the site when I got word that I got picked up. I got told by some guy on a ship someplace that managed to get the results before anyone... don't ask me how.

HOLD ON!!! SAY WHAT?????:icon_rage You mean to say that you've been "picked up" and have been asking questions like the rest of us? Hmmmm, sounds like that SLAPNUTS guy again...I'm tempted to throw the flag out but I'll sit here and wait until tomorrow. Yet again, hurry up and wait for the rest of us "that ain't the buddy on some ship somewhere with no name or location" guy! LOL :D

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
No he has already been picked up. He was picked up last year. Said if he still had his hook up he would have gotten the info for us but can't get a hold of his buddy on the ship somewhere. But he has give lots of good info for all of us if you go back and read.

C5IFTW

I work for a 1-star, and I already asked his writer and aid about if he gets results early like other C.O.'s in the past have, but apparently they stopped this practice as people have lost their jobs for disclosing information early... :( So the days of "super bupers" is pretty much over... it would be nice to hear early though, I'm not gonna lie haha. :icon_tong

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
I work for a 1-star, and I already asked his writer and aid about if he gets results early like other C.O.'s in the past have, but apparently they stopped this practice as people have lost their jobs for disclosing information early... :( So the days of "super bupers" is pretty much over... it would be nice to hear early though, I'm not gonna lie haha. :icon_tong

I'll try to find the post again, but I found the same thing earlier today about them stating that CO's no longer get the "secret squirrel" message anymore because of that fact. Once I find it, I'll be sure to post that up here for the rest to see.

JNeal111

AT2 -> OC -> SNFO
Well hopefully things will come out soon so I can stop checking this site religiously like everyone else. So hopefully we can all relax and have a beer and wake up to some good news tomorrow. Good luck everyone

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Just wanted to wish you all luck before the results come out.

They are expected to be released on the 10th or 14th of OCT.

Here is one little tid-bit I found... here is another

Posted Mon 06 October 2008 02:13 PM A little birdie at the NPC helpdesk confirmed that message 282/09 is the STA-21 results, and they have been approved for posting as of 1430 this afternoon. Same birdie confirmed that results will be available on Bupers at the same time the NAVADMIN becomes available, and CO's will not be getting private message traffic prior to the public message being released this year.

282/08 is the message. It has been signed by the CNO, and is ready for posting as of 1430 06oct08

I know this because I called the NPC helpdesk and asked them point blank "is NAVADMIN 282 the STA-21 selection results?" they confirmed. I then asked when it would be ready for posting, and they said it was approved and would be posted soon (that was at 1430 when i called).

Other than this info, I haven't found anything new. I'll be checking again tomorrow. I was told by the CCC here that the results are out due to one individual being directly appointed as a selectee but that was a "special case" so there's no telling what that means. Good luck all and here's to tomorrow!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Amen to that. Because I mean if I find out tomorrow or Friday and then Saturday OU beats the crap out of Texas, I will be the happiest man alive. There is nothing like being able to crack open a beer whenever you have the greatest news you've heard in a few months! Good luck to all of you guys and gals. I am seriously praying for everyone. I really am hoping that we all get great news in the morning. I will be checking up on this tomorrow when I'm not sleeping. I wish the best for everyone whether you are selected or not. God Bless.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
God I hate it when something is ready to be posted but someone takes their time doing so... lots of things to say about that but I wont. I guess tomorrow is another day of waiting. The OC's in Idaho are rooting for all you guys, good luck and happy dreams :)

aircrew1221

Sorry about the mixup of the schools i had. Does anyone have any information on the ROTC Units at tampa? Any info would be appreciated! Good Luck again to all hopefully tomorrow will be the day!!

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Sdsu

I applied to San Diego State on Oct 1st. All my transcripts/ etc have been ordered. Does anyone know how long it will take to get acceptance/ degree plan?

Is there another school in San Diego anyone recommends? There is quite a few that share the same ROTC unit.