• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

DeeSmith

Still waiting on the Commissioning Letter. Other than the Welcome Aboard Email form the OIC nothing yet. We are in the same boat as far as continuing with current Enlisted Duties and AT plans, in fact I got New Cross Assigned Orders under my current enlisted rate, and a bunch of Enlisted uniforms on my Seabag ?. So hopefully I will get the Commissioning process figure out prior to get Mob as an E.
@jmald10 I hope you remembered to have your NRC put a MAS code indicating that you're not available for deployments.

DeeSmith

Anyone that was selected last SEP had any movement yet? My CR was approved and my recruiter said we are waiting on the Oath. Till then I am drilling as normal and continuing my LPO duties/AT plans.
To all selectees, I'd recommend that you ask your recruiter to follow up with PERS every month or two. Some of the selectees from the cohort experienced major delays... until the recruiters started to actually follow up with pers.

MajorThom13

Firstly, hoping everyone from the last board that didn’t get picked up decided to stay at it. Believe me, you are all needed.
I just went through the interviews again, with IP and Intel. Had a good conversation with the senior leadership out of San Diego, good people.
Sounds like most folks tend to get picked up on their second time around.

zamtz

To all selectees, I'd recommend that you ask your recruiter to follow up with PERS every month or two. Some of the selectees from the cohort experienced major delays... until the recruiters started to actually follow up with pers.
They can’t just call up PERS once a month can they?

jamal1825

Firstly, hoping everyone from the last board that didn’t get picked up decided to stay at it. Believe me, you are all needed.
I just went through the interviews again, with IP and Intel. Had a good conversation with the senior leadership out of San Diego, good people.
Sounds like most folks tend to get picked up on their second time around.
I just went through the interview again myself on Monday. I only had one interview to do. This will be my second time applying.

Last edited:

Morivelle

Update:
I already received the "Welcome aboard" email on November 21st. Today, my recruiter sent me a form to fill out "Ready Reserve transfer Request Service Agreement" NAVPERS 1200/1. Only today, she find out that I have just turned 42 and therefore she has to submit an age waiver request, furthermore since my conditional release expired at the end of August and the selection board was in September we had to submit the dd368 form again for approval. She told me it won't be long before she trusts I can be commissioned in a few weeks.
My military experience as an enlisted has been full of bureaucratic paradoxes, from what I see even in the officer side paperwork consumes a lot of psychic energy that could be exploited in a better way

jmald10

@jmald10 I hope you remembered to have your NRC put a MAS code indicating that you're not available for deployments.
I appreciate the feedback. I gave a lot of thought to request a MAS code and I think # 1 priority should be MOB readiness as an E or O. We apply for these billets knowing that a MOB will happen at some point. Also, due to the nature of how long making a change and reverse it takes in the Navy Reserves, I don't want to potentially jeopardize the process with any additional changes made in my record, which can prevent me from going on orders( AT, ADT, etc). It took me 2 years to remove my MPQ way after I was cleared and FFFD. But I really appreciate the input and recommendation. I hope that if I do get MOB, due to the commissioning process taking 6 month to a Year, I don't lose my Officer billet.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I gave a lot of thought to request a MAS code and I think # 1 priority should be MOB readiness as an E or O.
You'll get a TBH MAS code until you complete ODS, and you won't be eligible to MOB until you qualify in your designator. That should be your #1 priority and then get your IWO Pin. Good luck and have fun.

jmald10

Hello all,
Can some of our enlisted applicants share their experience regarding the routing of the DD-368 Request for conditional release. I am getting frustrated due to the lack of communication and would like to determine what should I do next instead of just waiting around with no updates. It seems that the correct routing flow of the DD-368 is as following.
1. DD-368 is signed by member and OR and submitted to current enlisted member Unit CO.
2. Unit CO provides a separate endorsement for Conditional Release, signs it and rout it to NRC, NIFR Region, CNIFR, and PERS-913. I am not sure how is this completed, perhaps by the OR via Pride Mod.
However, I had to fill out the DD-368 and rout it through my COC to get it signed by the CO on my own, since it was not clear that this process was ever completed by my OR. Then I sent it to my OR. But it seems that I am still missing this document before they can finish the scrolling and assign the COMDOCs, so I am just waiting with no updates. Can someone provide some inputs?
Thank you in advance.