• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

jamal1825

Hello all,
Can some of our enlisted applicants share their experience regarding the routing of the DD-368 Request for conditional release. I am getting frustrated due to the lack of communication and would like to determine what should I do next instead of just waiting around with no updates. It seems that the correct routing flow of the DD-368 is as following.
1. DD-368 is signed by member and OR and submitted to current enlisted member Unit CO.
2. Unit CO provides a separate endorsement for Conditional Release, signs it and rout it to NRC, NIFR Region, CNIFR, and PERS-913. I am not sure how is this completed, perhaps by the OR via Pride Mod.
However, I had to fill out the DD-368 and rout it through my COC to get it signed by the CO on my own, since it was not clear that this process was ever completed by my OR. Then I sent it to my OR. But it seems that I am still missing this document before they can finish the scrolling and assign the COMDOCs, so I am just waiting with no updates. Can someone provide some inputs?
Thank you in advance.
The DD-368 form should be submitted via the NRC for the NRC CO approval and signature. However, you will still need an endorsement letter from the unit CO. Usually your OR will give it to NRC for routing and approval after you both signed it (DD-368).

I mean my OR did it that way.

jmald10

The DD-368 form should be submitted via the NRC for the NRC CO approval and signature. However, you will still need an endorsement letter from the unit CO. Usually your OR will give it to NRC for routing and approval after you both signed it (DD-368).

I mean my OR did it that way.
Yes, thank you. That is what I thought. Hopefully this will be taken care of soon by my OR.

adw06

Hello all,
Can some of our enlisted applicants share their experience regarding the routing of the DD-368 Request for conditional release. I am getting frustrated due to the lack of communication and would like to determine what should I do next instead of just waiting around with no updates. It seems that the correct routing flow of the DD-368 is as following.
1. DD-368 is signed by member and OR and submitted to current enlisted member Unit CO.
2. Unit CO provides a separate endorsement for Conditional Release, signs it and rout it to NRC, NIFR Region, CNIFR, and PERS-913. I am not sure how is this completed, perhaps by the OR via Pride Mod.
However, I had to fill out the DD-368 and rout it through my COC to get it signed by the CO on my own, since it was not clear that this process was ever completed by my OR. Then I sent it to my OR. But it seems that I am still missing this document before they can finish the scrolling and assign the COMDOCs, so I am just waiting with no updates. Can someone provide some inputs?
Thank you in advance.
Hi! Your process seems about the same as mine. The only thing is my Nosc asked me to write my own memo to request the conditional release as well and the nosc needed the DD368 signed by my recruiter before they would endorse it. I’m currently waiting for the Nifr to forward my request to PERS. I was told usually the conditional release request goes in the with the package but I didn’t do it because I was mobilized and was told to wait until I got back.

jmald10

Hi! Your process seems about the same as mine. The only thing is my Nosc asked me to write my own memo to request the conditional release as well and the nosc needed the DD368 signed by my recruiter before they would endorse it. I’m currently waiting for the Nifr to forward my request to PERS. I was told usually the conditional release request goes in the with the package but I didn’t do it because I was mobilized and was told to wait until I got back.
Thank you the inside. My unit CO endorsed me as part of my package. But my previous OR never requested a DD-368. Then a new OR took over and it appears that there was a miscommunication from the previous OR to the next. I went ahead and completed a DD-368 and got it signed by my unit CO, which I sent to my current OR, to be safe. But then it was probably ignored and then the long wait started after I made the September 2022 board. I was told I was missing this document to move forward with the process. I may have to request my OR to sign a new DD-368 then resend it with my unit CO’s endorsement all the way to the NRC CO. Who is the Authorizing Official in section 6. It seems that they are referring to the NRC CO not the Unit CO. It is just frustrating that my OR has gone dark with no coms or instructions on what to do next.
Thank you all for the info.

adw06

Thank you the inside. My unit CO endorsed me as part of my package. But my previous OR never requested a DD-368. Then a new OR took over and it appears that there was a miscommunication from the previous OR to the next. I went ahead and completed a DD-368 and got it signed by my unit CO, which I sent to my current OR, to be safe. But then it was probably ignored and then the long wait started after I made the September 2022 board. I was told I was missing this document to move forward with the process. I may have to request my OR to sign a new DD-368 then resend it with my unit CO’s endorsement all the way to the NRC CO. Who is the Authorizing Official in section 6. It seems that they are referring to the NRC CO not the Unit CO. It is just frustrating that my OR has gone dark with no coms or instructions on what to do next.
I
I understood the authorizing official to be someone at either the NIFR or PERS. the only signatures on my DD368 so far are mine and my recruiters’. My request is currently at the NIFR (I’m in a IS). The endorsements from my Co And The NRC are separate on command letterheads. So I recommend your Recruiter sign it. I can send you a check list I have and maybe it will help.

jmald10

I

I understood the authorizing official to be someone at either the NIFR or PERS. the only signatures on my DD368 so far are mine and my recruiters’. My request is currently at the NIFR (I’m in a IS). The endorsements from my Co And The NRC are separate on command letterheads. So I recommend your Recruiter sign it. I can send you a check list I have and maybe it will help.
Thank you so much for the information. Can you please send me that check list. Thank you in advance.

zamtz

Hello all,
Thank you in advance.
call pers 913 to see what your release is missing and work from there

IWC2022

So... I was commissioned about two weeks ago. Still, I have not heard from any Navy offices regarding my first drilling weekend or administrative stuff (including the issuance of CAC and etc.). Does it usually take more than a month for someone to start gaining?

jmald10

So... I was commissioned about two weeks ago. Still, I have not heard from any Navy offices regarding my first drilling weekend or administrative stuff (including the issuance of CAC and etc.). Does it usually take more than a month for someone to start gaining?
Congrats on your commission. Did you get you Welcome Aboard Letter. Check who your OIC is and send an email. The WAL also contains your COC and POC.

IWC2022

Congrats on your commission. Did you get you Welcome Aboard Letter. Check who your OIC is and send an email. The WAL also contains your COC and POC.
Is it different from the Welcome Letter that you get after being picked up? Then, no.

RJS

Still got a ways to go before you’re gained. Check back through previous forums to see others timelines. It sometimes varies but on average, 4-5 months is usually the timeline from commission to first INDOC at your assigned NRC.

jmald10

Is it different from the Welcome Letter that you get after being picked up? Then, no.
I guess is different for us enlisted. We just continue drilling as an E or O. In my case I will be drilling with the same Unit I am currently drilling as an Enlisted, as stated on my WAL.

Morivelle

I guess is different for us enlisted. We just continue drilling as an E or O. In my case I will be drilling with the same Unit I am currently drilling as an Enlisted, as stated on my WAL.
I drilled last week with my old unit as Ensign but I will pay as e-5. I’m waiting my orders for the new nosc.

adw06

I’m still waiting for my conditional release to be approved. Next month will be a year since I was selected. I am really looking forward to reaching the finish line on this process !

TheClyde

Still got a ways to go before you’re gained. Check back through previous forums to see others timelines. It sometimes varies but on average, 4-5 months is usually the timeline from commission to first INDOC at your assigned NRC.
Shouldn't be that long. I was gained 10 days after comissioning and could have drilled the following weekend (not saying it should be that fast, but not sure why it should it be 4-5 months).