• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

RJS

Shouldn't be that long. I was gained 10 days after comissioning and could have drilled the following weekend (not saying it should be that fast, but not sure why it should it be 4-5 months).
Let me clarify. It may depend on seasons. I commissioned in September and didn’t attend INDOC until November. For some of my peers (Supply) who were enlisted, it took longer. I am unsure as to why but it did. That’s why I said an average of 4-5 months. Simply because that’s what I’ve seen with the majority of folks. Not that you’re a special case but you’re like the first I’ve heard had their process move that fast. But everyone else? 4-5 months.

jmald10

I’m still waiting for my conditional release to be approved. Next month will be a year since I was selected. I am really looking forward to reaching the finish line on this process !
That is crazy. I am right with you. I needed to reroute my DD-368 and I am it hasn’t made it out of the NRC yet. Hopefully, they push it up soon. Good luck to you.

JordanB

So... I was commissioned about two weeks ago. Still, I have not heard from any Navy offices regarding my first drilling weekend or administrative stuff (including the issuance of CAC and etc.). Does it usually take more than a month for someone to start gaining?
Congratulations on commissioning

number9

Contributor
So... I was commissioned about two weeks ago. Still, I have not heard from any Navy offices regarding my first drilling weekend or administrative stuff (including the issuance of CAC and etc.). Does it usually take more than a month for someone to start gaining?
I was commissioned in the first week of March and drilled in June. Getting gained can take a few weeks to a few months.

MajorThom13

I was commissioned in the first week of March and drilled in June. Getting gained can take a few weeks to a few months.
I’m guessing you guys were going after something other than Intel or IPO. From what I remember those results come out in April sometime.

zamtz

I guess is different for us enlisted. We just continue drilling as an E or O. In my case I will be drilling with the same Unit I am currently drilling as an Enlisted, as stated on my WAL.
who told you that? I commissioned two weeks ago and my recruiter told me to stop doing to drills until my new unit picked me up and processed me.

RJS

who told you that? I commissioned two weeks ago and my recruiter told me to stop doing to drills until my new unit picked me up and processed me.
Your recruiter told you to stop drilling? ?You may want to ask your NRC for clarification. A few of my peers were in the same boat as jmald10. Just my $0.02 but still get clarification. I believe you’ll also have to do INDOC in the process.

I’m still new to this but I believe you would still need to get as close to a good year as possible.

MajorThom13

Your recruiter told you to stop drilling? ?You may want to ask your NRC for clarification. A few of my peers were in the same boat as jmald10. I’m still new to this but I believe you would still need to get as close to a good year as possible.
Even as an Air Force reserve’s member I could tell you that. Unless you’ve sworn in and been gained, you haven’t been lost by your command. Not only would you be looking at a bad year, you’d possibly be looking at a dishonorable discharge for unexcused absences.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Even as an Air Force reserve’s member I could tell you that. Unless you’ve sworn in and been gained, you haven’t been lost by your command. Not only would you be looking at a bad year, you’d possibly be looking at a dishonorable discharge for unexcused absences.
Yeah I wouldn’t play around with that. Besides that, recruiters are Active Duty and may not entirely know the ins, or outs, of what it means to have a good year. That’s bad advice to me man. ?

Last edited:

jmald10

Yeah I wouldn’t play around with that. Besides that, recruiters are Active Duty and May not entirely know the ins, or outs, of what it means to have a good year. That’s bad advice to me man. ?
To add my experience, I was told by my OR to behave, and execute as if I never was selected for O until I have my approved DD-368, FINSEL and COMDOCs in my hand. Besides if you check your NSIPS, drills are still expected as well as AT and IDTT with your CAI unit. If they want you to drill with them, and cut you orders for IDTT you are expected to travel if needed to fulfill your enlisted billet duties ,including training, and possibly mob?, I hope this is not the case.

zamtz

To add my experience, I was told by my OR to behave, and execute as if I never was selected for O until I have my approved DD-368, FINSEL and COMDOCs in my hand. Besides if you check your NSIPS, drills are still expected as well as AT and IDTT with your CAI unit. If they want you to drill with them, and cut you orders for IDTT you are expected to travel if needed to fulfill your enlisted billet duties ,including training, and possibly mob?, I hope this is not the case.
I have already sworn in and have approved DD-368, FINSEL and COMDOCS. My commission date was March 1st 2023 so my OR is saying it will take less than a month for my gain

njac35

Yeah I continued drilling as normal before commissioning and after. I'm staying with the same unit so maybe that made a difference. My OR definitely told me to keep drilling.

jmald10

I have already sworn in and have approved DD-368, FINSEL and COMDOCS. My commission date was March 1st 2023 so my OR is saying it will take less than a month for my gain
Well, congratulations to you. Would you share your experiences once you see your NSIPS's record switch from E to O?

jmald10

For the experts in here..
Has anyone seen this particular scenario, in which you have been PRO-REC by the board, but you get stuck in the process for more than 60 days, waiting on a document, such as a DD-368, or any other paperwork needed to continue with the process, and the selectee is issue a non-selection letter due to inactivity on the plication Kit in PRIDE MOD II record.
I was reading-through COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2G CH-3 and it says under Article 040307. h.
(1) that once applicant is professionally recommended: The NAVCRUITDIST/NAVTALACQGRU has 60 days to submit all required information to complete the kit.
(2) Kits incomplete after 60 days will be forwarded to the appropriate NAVCRUITCOM division officer recommending non-selection due to inactivity.

It has been almost 8 months since the September 2023 board convened, how do I know if I get a non-selection letter due to inactivity, or when I am about to get one.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.