• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

DeeSmith

I’m prior enlisted and already have a billet assigned to me, was selected in the Sep 22 board so I’m not sure what you’re saying is entirely true
Receiving the congratulatory email from your prospective unit doesn't have much to do with your commissioning. I know of three IP selectees that are still waiting for their oaths from fy21 and early fy22.

jmald10

Receiving the congratulatory email from your prospective unit doesn't have much to do with your commissioning. I know of three IP selectees that are still waiting for their oaths from fy21 and early fy22.
That is not a surprise, the NAVY takes too long to get the records updated. I imagine that going from E to O is no different. I just figure that it will be wasted time since I will not be able to technically work on my 1835 PQS until I am commissioned.
Thank you for sharing that info.

number9

Contributor
That is not a surprise, the NAVY takes too long to get the records updated. I imagine that going from E to O is no different. I just figure that it will be wasted time since I will not be able to technically work on my 1835 PQS until I am commissioned.
Thank you for sharing that info.
If you're absolutely chomping at the bit, you can download the PQS guides for INTEL & IWIREP material from the Sharepoint and start studying on your own.

njac35

I too was selected for 1835 and assigned the unit I am currently enlisted in. I was told that I would be IAP after commissioning and would be able to go into JO apply and look for a new billet if I wanted to. I am currently still waiting for my CR to go through but have had no further updates than that.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
why do you suggest that for them?
Because if you are a newly minted Ensign, you don't want to be doing your old FCPO duties or CPO duties. It is also sometimes hard for your peers to recognize you as an officer and instead feel you are still the same old enlisted person. Its just a bad practice.
I was told by a LCDR from a different squadron that this is conflict of interest. The letter said that I am IAP status so I guess I will be picked up for a different billet once I get actually commissioned and ready to apply for billets. I don’t even know how to get out of this unit since they sent me the letter already with my very same CO and XO in it. I think it is because this location is the only Intel unit closed to my HOR.
I don't think its possible to apply for a billet in JOAPPLY as IAP.

njac35

Because if you are a newly minted Ensign, you don't want to be doing your old FCPO duties or CPO duties. It is also sometimes hard for your peers to recognize you as an officer and instead feel you are still the same old enlisted person. Its just a bad practice.

I don't think its possible to apply for a billet in JOAPPLY as IAP.
Could you request a truic change to get a new billet?

bryanteagle6

This convo can get in the weeds quick so let's not tear this tread up with truic/umuic, IAP etc..... too much.
Work with your N1 on all that. I'll give some insight

Just know that when you are in a billet your UMUIC owns your AT and FITREP so you want to drill with them regardless of what your truic is. TRUIC changes don't fix anything really anymore. Other than annoy the N1 and triad.
As the N1, as soon as I knew we had a sailor selected for DCO I emailed the nifr region OIC and requested they be placed with a different unit (if you have some close that is an option). You should be in an IAP status and maintain a DCO mas code until you complete INTEL PQS - which is a great place to be. They are trying to get rid of TBH.
If you are an IS now and have supported exercises etc for your AT and/or done a MOB, I'd advise looking into doing a phase 1 waiver. There is no reason to rush the process and no bonus points for getting your quals done quick. It just gets you to be able to take a mob/ados faster if that's what you want. You have 36 mos for designator and 5 yrs for IWO.

Hopefully this helps and will keep us out of the weeds on this DCO board thread.

If this sounds like German to any of you, come back and reread it in 6 months to a year and it will help then.

jmald10

@bryanteagle6 thank you for the information.
I was searching through the forum for information and was not able to find anything.
Perhaps this inquire may benefit new DCO selectees here, especially the enlisted sailors like me.
Does anyone have any information on what follows next after being selected for DCO. I am currently enlisted reserve and just received new orders for a new billet on my enlisted rate. However, I have also received my Welcome Aboard Letter as (Ensign select) from my community OIC, including my CO/XO contact information (same CO/XO I currently have as enlisted in my current intel unit).
However, since I am still waiting to be officially commissioned, I am in the “gray zone”, continuing with my normal enlisted commitments as far as AT, possible MOB with this new CA command.
I am wondering what comes next, or where can I find more information regarding the admin process going from E to O.
I have already emailed the OIC listed on the Welcome Aboard Letter, but I have not received any replies yet.
Thank you in advance

CMR1984

@bryanteagle6 thank you for the information.
I was searching through the forum for information and was not able to find anything.
Perhaps this inquire may benefit new DCO selectees here, especially the enlisted sailors like me.
Does anyone have any information on what follows next after being selected for DCO. I am currently enlisted reserve and just received new orders for a new billet on my enlisted rate. However, I have also received my Welcome Aboard Letter as (Ensign select) from my community OIC, including my CO/XO contact information (same CO/XO I currently have as enlisted in my current intel unit).
However, since I am still waiting to be officially commissioned, I am in the “gray zone”, continuing with my normal enlisted commitments as far as AT, possible MOB with this new CA command.
I am wondering what comes next, or where can I find more information regarding the admin process going from E to O.
I have already emailed the OIC listed on the Welcome Aboard Letter, but I have not received any replies yet.
Thank you in advance
I was selected for 1835 in MAR22 board. I received my welcome aboard letter late APR22. I completed RRA and DD368 shortly after and sent to recruiter. My DD368 was approved by NRC in JUL22. I got call from recruiter NOV22 that he received my oath and I commissioned on 17NOV22. I went to NRC to commission and filled out a lot of paperwork. In the meantime, I have been drilling with my current unit but have been in communication with XO of new unit. I scheduled ODS for JUL23 thru my new N7. I am now waiting on my RRA to get approved. Once recruiter receives that from Millington, TN, he will have NRC process and I start drilling with new unit (most likely JAN23).

njac35

Anyone that was selected last SEP had any movement yet? My CR was approved and my recruiter said we are waiting on the Oath. Till then I am drilling as normal and continuing my LPO duties/AT plans.

IWC2022

Anyone that was selected last SEP had any movement yet? My CR was approved and my recruiter said we are waiting on the Oath. Till then I am drilling as normal and continuing my LPO duties/AT plans.
I have not heard anything. I understand that the process is different between the enlistees & non-prior service.

jmald10

Still waiting on the Commissioning Letter. Other than the Welcome Aboard Email form the OIC nothing yet. We are in the same boat as far as continuing with current Enlisted Duties and AT plans, in fact I got New Cross Assigned Orders under my current enlisted rate, and a bunch of Enlisted uniforms on my Seabag ?. So hopefully I will get the Commissioning process figure out prior to get Mob as an E.